Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

E touch configuration not building a full database

Started by phil91, July 04, 2019, 01:29:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

phil91

hi there, ive been using V9 (9.0.23) for some time now and its only come to my attention now that most of my newer updates of songs and albums to the system are not being uploaded correctly and accessible via the usual selection screen and process.
i can use the search function and search for those artists by album or names and find them and all the songs, but i've tried building, rebuilding database and reloading all my songs in again with e-config but there are many artist missing from the actual album screen selection.

I've proven with the search function the songs and artist and even artwork are in the system and will play ok, but i cannot get them to join the database and work as they should

any ideas why

Mark Norville

On the left hand side there is six boxes almost top left clear something, are all of those six check boxes checked?

If not then check them

Regards

Mark
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

Barcrest

Are these not showing up as albums?

what is the file structure of the affected albums?

It could be that the path name is too long, too many sub folders. Or that you have them in a folder that also contains media (This shouldn't be an issue but it may be a bug if this is the case)

Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

phil91

Hi Mark, yes tried with them ALL ticked, NONE ticked, HALF of them ticked and files dont add to my library, however they are there as i can search by artist in the search function, find them and play them.

phil91

Thanks for the reply Barry

the artist for example GUY SEBASTIAN you can see is on the music folder source and when i try to build database and try all the options that artist 'for example' doesnt go into the library of the etouch config .   when i restart jukebox software there is NO 'Guy Sebastian' folder or artwork to be found, if i use the search i can find the album, his songs and the artwork and they will play fine.

Guy Sebastian is ONE example of the folders/artists not moving across to the library,   and they are all the same file config as in folder for Guy Sebastian / SUB FOLDER of Guy Stebastian and in that subfolder you'll see his songs and album artwork.   

phil91

phil91

phil91

phil91

phil91

I will also add that i tag my artists and album names the same, meaning that for example Guy Sebastian (artist) i've put in subfolder (album) called Guy Sebastian.  as i like to add songs from various albums but have them all under one artist i found this the easiest way to keep my song list

however done this way since day 1, and its been working fine except for more recent artists, so most likely something i have done wrong to not get them into the system correctly ?

cheers
Phil

Mark Norville

You will need to do your pictures as jpegs, as bmp files they are not large enough to view.

Regards

Mark
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

phil91

Mark Norville

Much better I am doing this from memory as do not have my jukebox set up now

click use album artist tag
click remove missing files
click strip non alphanumeric characters
click use filename when tag not found (optional)
click use title for album when blank (optional)

Potentially it might be getting confused as you have an artist called guy and then guy sebsatian.

I think I used to generate library all of the time rather than updated

Regards

Mark

Barcrest

Is the album appearing at the top of the list in the config?

Try re-tagging one of the offending albums with Tag and Rename and make sure the ID£V2 tag is populated correctly. You can get a 30 day trial of that software.

Do not use album artist unless that is what you have tagged, that is for a way of tagging albums where the artist fiel differs across tracks for featured artist that you have in the artist field rather than adding to the track title.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

phil91

Hi Barry

yes the album is showing in the master lift (top left) but cant get it to join the list down on the bottom to be included

i'll try rename/retag and see if that makes any difference.

thanks
Phil