Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Online search

Started by Norman Marshall, June 13, 2020, 07:13:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norman Marshall

Has the online search been scrapped?  Just tried to search for a video i dont have in my database and nothing came back.
Dear God, Please bring back Bob Marley, In return you can have Justin Bieber. Amen

Mark Norville

Youtube often does a dance, a bit like google does in their search engines. To stop people accessing music videos for example, sometimes youtube will update their website to stop people from downloading using various bits of software.

Youtube want to sell you a premium service for music and ad free, so if they notice software's accessing there site using dodgy access details, then they change it up.

Barry will need to do an update every so often to keep this working.

Sadly I cannot try it for you as I do not have it installed at the moment.

Regards

Mark
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

Norman Marshall

Oh well...back to using youtube downloader.
Dear God, Please bring back Bob Marley, In return you can have Justin Bieber. Amen

Barcrest

They have changed the way I scraped the search results, not the first time they have done this. I think the Youtube downloader can be made to return search results and links, it was something I was looking at so then it is just a case of updating the Youtube download if they mess with anything. I will have a quick look and see how much work is involved in fixing it, last time it took me a couple of months to sort it out.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

Norman Marshall

It was just a matter of time before the changed things around,  there doing now with the free downloader I'm using at present,,,works for a bit then asks me to go pro for a hideous amount of cash then stops working. its is a very useful tool to have as far as the online search goes..saves a lot of time downloading then renaming then tagging them 

Barcrest

I agree, hoping it can come back.

Jukebox Stats...

Mark Norville

Boo hiss bring back the old moderator, Glenn was so much nicer.

I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

ajs1544

Hope it can get fixed again as well so handy to use direct from etouch

ajs1544

Any news on if we can get this fixed ..?..Really miss the option...

Barcrest

It doesn't look good right now. I was oping to maybe use a 3rd party method.

Jukebox Stats...

Gaucho

Hi Barry, can you remind me how I keep a window open while running etouch so I can see what youtube-dl is doing.

I have the latest version of youtube-dl but no results appearing in etouch.

Or do you know for sure there is an issue with one or the other.

Thanks

Gaucho

Remembered, the d switch.

Looks like it's searching youtube OK, just not passing the results to etouch?

Also get
Error occurred: 5
Description: Invalid procedure call or argument
Module: Form1
Function: online_search

07-23-2020 20:04:34    player.bmp loaded
07-23-2020 20:04:34    searching.gif loaded
07-23-2020 20:04:34    searching.gif loaded
07-23-2020 20:04:34    search choice.gif loaded
07-23-2020 20:04:34 ***Skin load END***
07-23-2020 20:06:22 Online Search Start
07-23-2020 20:07:58 Search browser completed at  0
07-23-2020 20:07:58 Online Search results ready

smo32

any updates on getting the online search running?

Norman Marshall

Quote from: Mark Norville on June 30, 2020, 05:34:15 PM
Boo hiss bring back the old moderator, Glenn was so much nicer.

same person mark,if you wanna know more pm me

Mark Norville

I knew that it is the same person, it is called a sense of humour, a joke was made. However, that may have escaped some people.

If you want to change your name that is up to yourself.