Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Album Art Screensaver, Really Cool!

Started by eist1, April 09, 2008, 03:56:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

eist1

If anyone is interested, I just found a really cool screensaver. It is called Crayon Room - Album Art Screensaver http://www.crayonroom.com/screensaver.php It supposedly works just like the Mac Itunes screensaver, where it gets all of the album covers from the Itunes songs. But this Windows version can be configured to look at your whole music directory (needs to be configured) and scan it for all of the .jpg's (as long as you configure it to look at just jpg's, it can also be set to look at MP3's (embedded images) and other formats .bmp, etc) But I just pointed it at my whole music directory and in about a minute or so of scanning, it pulled up the screensaver of all of my albums, and I had it configured for 5 rows, so 30 albums per page, but it can be set for as many rows as you like for more or less images (see attached image) and I have it set to change albums every 1 second, so it changes 1 album image per second (you can see in the image the 4th image from the left on top, was in the process of spinning and changing to a new image). This worked pretty well while running Freebox, as it gives an idea of what albums are currently in your library and could give you or the user an idea of what they want to hear next. Also just make sure you uncheck the "Use max one image per directory" or it will tile the screen with the same album cover. I have also attached the screenshot of the settings I am using. Hope you guys like it.

[attachment deleted by admin due to disc space requirements]

Orc

That looks nice....

I'll have to give that a go later....

Cheers....

casper

Thanks eist  it looks really cool.   good find.

Barcrest

Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

kizer

Hey thats better than my rotating text that says "Somebody Touch Me"  ;D

Looks like its setup to run on XP/Vista, but I run Win2000
http://www.crayonroom.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=10

If it doesn't work on my machine I just might have to install a slim down version of XP just to get this to work. Its slick as snot on my work machine.

I only have 10 or so albums installed at work.
I'm not around 100% so please feel free to PM if you need direct help. Trust me I'm not ignoring you in a post. ;)

Orc

Just tried it......

Looks the dogz bollocks.....

Me likey.....

I'll just have to remove all the crap from the files now...Like the CD and Back .jpgs....

More work....

*Edit*

Ok so I had a blonde moment......  ::)

Just set the search pattern to front.jpg and all is well...

Thank fark.....

:beer

eist1

Glad it's working for you guys....

Orc,

The easy way I get rid of all of the unneeded .jpg's is just do a Windows Search of your music folder for *.jpg and it should bring up all of your images, then just hit the top bar to sort so all of your front.jpg images should be together and just do a mass delete of the others (by clicking on the top one and hold shift key down and click the bottom one) then just delete them all, cleans up the folders alot.

spacefractal

Great screensaver. This screensaver need to been turned into a nice JPS plugin, so it could work directly with the application (when Freebox dedicate to support it), so it can been used on software all here.

kizer

Just tried it in Win2000 and all I get is a black screen. I haven't tried toying aroun with the .NET stuff like the author thought "might" do the trick. He doesn't have a Windows 2000 machine to test it on.
I'm not around 100% so please feel free to PM if you need direct help. Trust me I'm not ignoring you in a post. ;)

Orc

Quote from: eist1 on April 09, 2008, 08:49:05 PM
Glad it's working for you guys....

Orc,

The easy way I get rid of all of the unneeded .jpg's is just do a Windows Search of your music folder for *.jpg and it should bring up all of your images, then just hit the top bar to sort so all of your front.jpg images should be together and just do a mass delete of the others (by clicking on the top one and hold shift key down and click the bottom one) then just delete them all, cleans up the folders alot.

Yea I know......

I'm just a lazy bast.....

;D

Barcrest

Quote from: spacefractal on April 09, 2008, 09:16:08 PM
Great screensaver. This screensaver need to been turned into a nice JPS plugin, so it could work directly with the application (when Freebox dedicate to support it), so it can been used on software all here.

No real need to make this a plugin, it works great as it is.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

eist1

eist1

mark_p