Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Config6 Command Line Support

Started by spudgunman, May 27, 2008, 06:58:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

spudgunman

so question, its a lot of work to go back and bug check the command line, do people even use it?

btw as soon as we get a crash bug fixed up I will post a new alpha, most recently I got backwards compatibility working so you can import albums with the new version but save back to the old version(config5) this lets you use all the new speed and logic for import but revert it to the old FJB library database

Barcrest

The reason for the command line support is so you can set freebox to shutdown at a set time say 2:00am and then run the config to do an update and then launch freebox again. This is so you can copy new albums onto your juke and it will update automatically.

I don't know how you feel about that....
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

spudgunman

ahh, so vote yes if you use that option

Cary_B

Not something that I use yet, but it is a planned option for the future. Please keep this option supported.

kizer

I voted yes, because thats solely how I used to do it. However I've since given in to the darkside and do it manually. I'd like to keep it if possible however. Doesn't hurt having the flexaibilty if it can be kept.
I'm not around 100% so please feel free to PM if you need direct help. Trust me I'm not ignoring you in a post. ;)

netcat

spudgunman

Quote from: Cary_B on May 28, 2008, 06:44:00 PM
Not something that I use yet, but it is a planned option for the future. Please keep this option supported.

well vote yes, so far i see 4 people that dont use it and 1 that uses it. Given that 80% of the population isnt using it. my desire bugcheck a feature that 1 in 5 people use isnt high on the list (vote it back up)

here is why, on config5 there is ..2 options for import via command line (swap name The.. and create Genere table)

well genere table isnt a option any more and there are about 13 new ones, all of which need to have 12-30 min of bug checking and code clean up.

kizer

Am I seeing something correctly, but your adding a download cover art for the config app?
I'm not around 100% so please feel free to PM if you need direct help. Trust me I'm not ignoring you in a post. ;)

Barcrest

I just noticed that, pull cover from amazon.... Nice, Very Very Nice... Make sure it doesn't overwrite any covers though. PCJB used to do that and messed up a whole heap of files for me :(
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

spudgunman

playing with the idea, it works in development but I dont like it so far too many issues that could cause hiccups. im pondering ways it could be useful still. however it will go on pause for a bit as in the next 10 days i have a batchlor party and getting married yee-haw.

if you have any other ideas or inventions you want in there suggest them, the download album art was a idea that is in code at the moment, if it looks stable there are some gotchas with it but who knows might make it in. there is a lot of work being put into it daily at the moment.

squirrellydw

good luck on getting married  :beer
Graphic creator of the original BnB, BnR, BnO and BnG Skin
Coffee is the man now

eist1

Yes good luck...  :beer Could there also be an option to pull album art from Walmart.com, as all of their covers are good quality, I've had issues with Amazon, since every cover can be a different quality. As for the command line, as Barry mentioned before, it would be nice since it could be scripted at night to update the jukebox library on it's own. Great job so far.... Thanks

kizer

Congates and remember us after you get married. Those wifes have a tendancy to change things. ;)

spudgunman

thanks guys, no I wont forget she likes nerds, also FJB will be the music source at the wedding! at my bachelor this weekend (went camping) had time to do a lot of code while watching nature. ( i love laptops in the forest) and before friday (the wedding day) I plan to get a stable copy of the work frosty and I have been dooin to the masses, command line isnt all there yet but a lot of other fun is.

kizer

Just don't do a Barcrest and forget to eat and sleep while coding. ;)