Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

MP3 TAGGING & DELETING

Started by netcat, May 30, 2008, 11:42:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

netcat

I have hundreds of thousands of MP3 on my box

it is not uncommon for me to run into a damaged fiel that ends to soon or doesnt play at all or files that are inproperly namesd/tagged with incorrect info.

wouldnt it be nice id the "administrator" had the ability to delete files or Update MP3 Tags (database) on the fly.

I know it is a long stretch but...... if enough people are interested.

cheers

Barcrest

You will be able to do this with the new config 6 hopefully.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

netcat

Although this would be a nice option for config, I was referring to "on the fly" within Freebox as this is usually where you are when you notice something isnt right.

Barcrest

Well i'm not adding it to freebox. I don't want to bloat the app with to much stuff, i already have enough work to do on it already. Sorry dude.

Jukebox Stats...

netcat

c'est la vie

what is left to say.

spudgunman

frosty just got legacy working with config6 i think 100%. and we fixed the crash bug, config6 will allow you to delete.

Sooo

as its not the delete from freebox you will have much more flexible options with your database and you can fix this up very fast with the future.

Zazen

Quote from: netcat on May 30, 2008, 11:42:49 PM
I have hundreds of thousands of MP3 on my box

it is not uncommon for me to run into a damaged fiel that ends to soon or doesnt play at all or files that are inproperly namesd/tagged with incorrect info.

wouldnt it be nice id the "administrator" had the ability to delete files or Update MP3 Tags (database) on the fly.

I keep a notepad near my touchscreen and if I notice something wrong I just write down the song and
problem on the pad. Then every week or two I sit down and correct all the problems on my list. After a couple months I've basically fixed everything and I almost never have to write anything down anymore.

I've thought it would be cool to have a feature too, but I agree that it's not really worth it. The feature couldn't do stuff like re-downloading a song or fixing covers anyway.

Barcrest

Problem is there are a load of better taggers out there right now.

Jukebox Stats...