Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

transparent backgrounds

Started by mfacer, June 10, 2008, 09:03:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mfacer

thanks for the comments! :) Yeah I'll be releasing it and yes, it's made in PS. I saved most things as PSD files too so people can change the text easily.

One thing I've done slightly wrong was to move buttons I didnt want off the edge of the area. I guess if you change the resolution of the whole skin to something bigger you could fetch them back though!!

Hopefully I'll have it finished for today and will get a release out sometime soon for people to try!

Barcrest

Sweet dude... Yeah to grab the buttons back it's just a res change and drag them back.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

squirrellydw

I have all my files saved as psds also.  If you want them I could zip them up for you or you could ask kizer for access to the server.
Graphic creator of the original BnB, BnR, BnO and BnG Skin
Coffee is the man now

kizer

Yes just ask me and your golden. PM me that is as long as Barcrest has no design issues with your skin since he has the ultimate say and I'll gladly host it for others. ;)

As long as I can use it too.  ;D
I'm not around 100% so please feel free to PM if you need direct help. Trust me I'm not ignoring you in a post. ;)

kizer

I was just playing around with transparent today and it gives the black and blue skin a new life. Didn't think I'd like it at first, but its really cool.
I'm not around 100% so please feel free to PM if you need direct help. Trust me I'm not ignoring you in a post. ;)

eist1

Kizer,

Check this out for a background with the BnB skin, makes it look pretty cool:

If you're interested in the background image here it is 1024x768 and 800x600

1024x768: http://www.iamkizer.net/freeboxjukebox/files/skins/V4skins/Tom's%20Files/bluelightning_1024x768.jpg

800x600: http://www.iamkizer.net/freeboxjukebox/files/skins/V4skins/Tom's%20Files/bluelightning_800x600.jpg

Gives it a new look

Just a note though, it seems Freebox is not saving the enable transparency, because when exiting and going back into the jukebox, transparency is no longer enabled.

squirrellydw

that does look pretty cool, did you make that background?  also is there away to adjust the transparency?
Graphic creator of the original BnB, BnR, BnO and BnG Skin
Coffee is the man now

eist1

No, I found it on the web and resized it, yes the transparency is completely adjustable, with a slider bar to make it more or less transparent.

Barcrest

Saving the transparency will be in the next beta... Did anyone test it with a fullscreen desktop winamp vis yet?

Jukebox Stats...

eist1

Barry,

Since you found a way to remove the icons off the desktop, would there be anyway to have freebox look in a folder in the freebox directory for an image file, and what ever image it finds it uses that in full screen mode in the background? That way it would be easier than having to have your desktop as the image in the background. Just a thought

Barcrest

I could do it by setting that image to the wallpaper. The image could be in the skin folder in a sub folder called wallpaper. The only problem i see would be changing the wallpaper back afterwards because i am not sure how to get the info for the currently displayed wallpaper and store that to replace it on exit... I think people might get upset replacing thier wallpaper if i can't switch it back.

Jukebox Stats...

Lave Laar

You can read that information from the registry.
Look in "HKCU\Control Panel\Desktop\Wallpaper" and "HKCU\Control Panel\Desktop\OriginalWallpaper"

Barcrest

Cheers buddy, i'll look at that.

Jukebox Stats...

kizer

Thanks I'll take a run with those this weekend. My wife shook her head and said its not needed, but bah, she didn't like playing random songs either, but now thats all she does. ;)

Quote from: eist1 on June 12, 2008, 07:40:22 PM
Kizer,

Check this out for a background with the BnB skin, makes it look pretty cool:

If you're interested in the background image here it is 1024x768 and 800x600

1024x768: http://www.iamkizer.net/freeboxjukebox/files/skins/V4skins/Tom's%20Files/bluelightning_1024x768.jpg

800x600: http://www.iamkizer.net/freeboxjukebox/files/skins/V4skins/Tom's%20Files/bluelightning_800x600.jpg

Gives it a new look

Just a note though, it seems Freebox is not saving the enable transparency, because when exiting and going back into the jukebox, transparency is no longer enabled.

craiglincs

Loving this skin, very clean and minimalistic!......... cant wait to try it out!!!!

Quote from: mfacer on June 10, 2008, 09:30:48 PM
not used or seen silverjuke before! I saw a video on youtube using your software and it looked mint. I'm basing it a little on that and I've been using AlbumPlayer for over a year, so a little on that too!