News:

Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

URGENT: Anyone think they can clone this skin?

Started by Barcrest, July 02, 2008, 09:48:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barcrest

Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

eist1

Sure, if squirrley can do the images and backgrounds, that skin should be pretty easy. I'm going to be out of town until next Tuesday, so won't be able to work on much this weekend.

squirrellydw

I saw this posted at BYOAC and thought of doing it but I don't really like it.  I might work on something similar to it with the colors but I don't like the layout.  I first want to work on the JB skin.
Graphic creator of the original BnB, BnR, BnO and BnG Skin
Coffee is the man now

Novalak

i actually enquired about buying this software a couple of months back...stupidly priced but did like the look

Barcrest

Yeah because of the BYOAC post i wanted to clone it... I might try and do it myself today at work usinf those images and M$ Pain... We'll see how it comes off.

Jukebox Stats...

craiglincs

looks like xlobby to me, tried it and its crap unless your automating your whole house (then its second to none), the jukebox side of things is rubbish!

Barcrest

Quote from: craiglincs on July 03, 2008, 12:10:35 PM
looks like xlobby to me, tried it and its crap unless your automating your whole house (then its second to none), the jukebox side of things is rubbish!

Yeah i really don't know why more and more people seem to want these dummed down jukeboxes. People are going for XLOBBY, TOUCHTRAXX and that software because of the dummed down interface. Looks like nipsng on BYOAC is going for this dummed down interface as well. I really just don't see the attraction in not making the most of your music.

Jukebox Stats...

Barcrest

I was going to create a clone skin, but i just ain't motivated enough to do it right now...  :(

Jukebox Stats...

netcat

Forgive me for butting in but.......

it's not a very attractive skin, actually looks "amateurish" to me

squirrellydw

Quote from: Barcrest on July 03, 2008, 01:02:45 PM
Yeah i really don't know why more and more people seem to want these dummed down jukeboxes. People are going for XLOBBY, TOUCHTRAXX and that software because of the dummed down interface. Looks like nipsng on BYOAC is going for this dummed down interface as well. I really just don't see the attraction in not making the most of your music.

well I guess we should find out why people are using them.  Maybe because it really simple to use, not that Freebox isn't easy to use.  If you find that out maybe you can make FB like it and get more people.
Coffee is the man now

craiglincs

personally I think that it could be to do with the presentation of the product, it seems they market the product well, the website is nice and clean etc, the product looks pretty rubbish and not a patch on FB, as discussed with Barry i'd be happy to design a website based around a joomla CMS for you, with maybe some help from squirelly and mfacer for the graphics? what do you say guys?

squirrellydw

I agree that could be it, we mentioned before the website needs to be tweaked.  I will do what I can but I think M is better at PS than I am but let me know and I will see what I can do.

The first thing people see is the website so if it doesn't look good or they can't find what they want they will leave
Coffee is the man now

craiglincs

well let me knockup some stuff on a test site and see how it fairs, we can then add the fancy graphics etc if Barry wants to move forwards

squirrellydw

Go for it, and see if you can use the new site logo M made.  It is in one of these forums
Coffee is the man now

craiglincs