Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Tag& Rename Tagging / Filename Problem

Started by acejas, July 17, 2008, 11:13:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

acejas

I have a number of albums (compilations) which have the Title id as ARTIST / TITLE

I want to separate into TITLE and ARTIST and rename file.

My thinking was to rename file with TITLE but it removes the "/" so I cant write back the ID tags
Perhaps a before, after and wanted to make sense

File Name                     Artist          Title
01.mp3                        Various        Milk Inc / In My Eyes
Milk Inc In My Eyes        Various        Milk Inc / In My Eyes
Milk Inc - In My Eyes      Milk Inc       In My Eyes

Cheers

eist1

Ok, I think I might have figured it out for you, did a web search. You need to use MP3Tag http://www.mp3tag.de/en/download.html install it, then open it. Go to Convert/Actions, then hit the yellow star to create a new action. Name the new action Replace, then hit OK. Now hit the yellow star again in the Actions screen, you will get a drop down box. Choose Replace with Regular Expression, choose the Field, Title, Regular Expression, /, and Replace Matches With, - With this now all of the / in your titles will now be changed to - so all you then have to do is rename your files with the Track # and Title and they will be in the format you want 01 - Artist - Title

Hope this helps.

acejas

Thanks so much mate

It worked a treat :). Thanks also for your run down as I would have been a little lost

Cheers
acejas

squirrellydw

Is there away in tag & rename to just show tags that are missing like album and artist?  I would say 90% of my files are tagged but I know a few are missing the album or artist tag and I don't feel like going through each one.

thanks
Graphic creator of the original BnB, BnR, BnO and BnG Skin
Coffee is the man now

acejas

Not sure how to show every song but if your filename includes artist and title - yes very easy.

Use the copy from filename and give it the appropriate mask

If you need more info let me know

Cheers
acejas

Barcrest

Quote from: squirrellydw on July 19, 2008, 12:17:48 PM
Is there away in tag & rename to just show tags that are missing like album and artist?  I would say 90% of my files are tagged but I know a few are missing the album or artist tag and I don't feel like going through each one.

thanks

If you have built the library in freebox just look in the config and you will see what albums are missing the required the tags.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

eist1

squirrley,

The easiest way to do that in Tag and Rename is to load the whole library and when it is done loading all of the songs go to the top and hit the header Artist or Album and it will sort the songs in alphabetical order for that area, so sort is from A-Z and the ones missing any information will be at the top (blank), this is how I sort the songs with missing Genres.

squirrellydw

thanks eist, don't know why I didn't try that   :tommy
Graphic creator of the original BnB, BnR, BnO and BnG Skin
Coffee is the man now