Main Menu

Number of Problems

Started by acejas, July 22, 2008, 01:50:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

acejas

Sorry for some dumb questions but Im not getting very far :P
Using Vista on a 3 screen pc but only utilising one screen with no visual
Im using version 4.09 but was having similar problems with 08
Im using Config3 only and havent tried the others. Ive done a fresh install into a fresh directory.

1.Genres
In the config3 I see there are 1390 Loaded albums but I have approx 4000albums. The 1390 that are loaded do not have genres listed but i check my tags in Tag & Rename they are there for all my albums. I am missing  almost 99% of my Rock (contains 1 record in the rec file). Even if I show all albums I only obviously get 1390 albums so it may not be related to Genres.

2. Playlists & Queues
I load playlist and they come up. Should it start automatically? It doesnt. So I queue the entire playlist. I play a song in the queue and it shows all my songs - "Followed By"  but not in the "Next Song"
It just plays that song and it stops. Am I missing a step?

3.Playing Song
If I play a song and want to move it along it stutters and slider goes back to where i moved it and just doesnt work how it should. Any ideas?

What does download album do?

Cheers
acejas

Barcrest

Ok there is something wrong with your files form the sound of it. What format are they in? MP3?

The load playlist is working correctly, you do have to add it to the queue. The fact those songs don't play properly is what is leading me to believe there is an error with them.

The song position slider only lets you drag it, not click in it. If you click to move it along it will breifly jump there and spring back. I think that is the issue you are seeing there.

If you really want to test those songs try moving a selection of them to their own folder and try and build the library based on those only. Does that work? Have you also tried using one of the other config version, like 6. that works differently to config 3 and is a re-write.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

acejas

Genres

Found my problem! I had a directory structure of d:\music\genre\artist\album. In some genres (rock and others) i had singles in the root of genre. They were all labelled correctly. I put them into a folder called various and now no problem. Id be interested if you could recreate this problem or give an explanation out of curiosity. The giveaway was the genre.cvr which showed the first and only single.

Now playlist/queue works perfectly!!!!

Still got problems with slider. I will try on another pc in the future.

What is the use of the download album button?

Thanks for support and what a great program!!!!

cheers

eist1

Not sure the slider functionality is 100%, but for the Download button, what that does is download a track or full album to a Download folder in the Program Files\Freebox V4 folder. It is used to download various tracks to copy to a MP3 player or something similar.

Barcrest

It does exactly what eist said. That folder of songs can also be used for burning to CD or whatever you wish. At some point i need to make that destination configurable... Ideally someone would be able to plug in their memory stick into the juke and the download button would download directly to that location. I need to do a little more work on this when i get time.

Jukebox Stats...

BigLa

Download directly to a flash drive? That would be genius!

Barcrest

Yeah i just need to look at how windows knows what removable drives are connected and use that code.

Jukebox Stats...

kizer

Personally I think you should be able to tell in the settings within Freebox or maybe just in the ini file be able to tell it the path. So when you click on download it goes to whatever path you placed in the settings.

Or you can just create a batch file that moves the files to your memory stick from the Freebox Directory after you've hit the download button all you want.

I'd just keep it simple and keep any checking out of Freebox and let Freebox do what it does well. Play. ;)

Otherwise if your going to get fancy I want another addon. I want the ability to select an album and burn it all to a disk or burn the contents of the download folder to a cd. Of course I would have to add in all the settings so it knew which drive to burn and whatnot.

Barcrest can I ask a silly question. Can you build the Juke app to do what its been doing and maybe create helper apps that are launched from Freebox. Like that download and move to a USB stick or a burning app. Kinda like plugins that you talked about earlier, but put all the config stuff in them opposed to in Freebox. Click a button that launches the helper app, but keep all the bloat out of Freebox. Some might not use that extra stuff. Heck then you could build addons like image cover downloader, tagging mp3s within Freebox. On and on..

I only bring that up because sure Freebox could be the biggest and baddest Juke at 50meg a download or it could be 5meg and do what it does fast and smooth. Let others build their own helper apps I guess and share them. Heck I'll host them for all I care.  I just wish I had some kind of download management code so there could be screen shots and descriptions. Bring on an entirely new aspect of Freebox since I know there are several of us on here that like to hack around on our Jukeboxs and creat little batch code for various things.
I'm not around 100% so please feel free to PM if you need direct help. Trust me I'm not ignoring you in a post. ;)