News:

Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

New config3 with working update button...

Started by Barcrest, April 25, 2007, 08:27:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barcrest

Try this... The update button now works... you can just keep updating your DB and it will add the new ones to it.  ;D  It's quick too.. a lot quicker than generating.

[attachment deleted by admin due to disc space requirements]
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

Touchscreen07

Thanks Barry will give it a try, thanks for the hard work!

Rhycorpse

Many thanks again.  Now, take some time for yourself and have a drink on me.

Rhy.

jonfinpausa

High 5 Barry, Thank you so very much for getting the config thing sorted out.

I just grab the Maroon 5 album, threw it on the server ran the config3 (update) and it worked perfectly.

Good Job mate, take some time off bro and have a cold beer... ON me !!! LOL  ;D

Fish

kizer

Ok, I guess I'm confused on the speed. When I build a database throw on 5 or so more albums and hit the update button it seems like its completely rebuilding the database all over again.

minus 5 albums 2:46
update with 5 albums 2:46

I suppose its technically faster since its not adding time for the newer albums.  ;D and it is dealing with 770 albums.
I'm not around 100% so please feel free to PM if you need direct help. Trust me I'm not ignoring you in a post. ;)

netcat

works much much better

but....

alas, when you generate the Videos it adds both the Videos & karaokes to the videos folder

Mr. Barcrest let me know if I may be of assistance pinpointing / fixing the problem.

if you wish you may take remote control of my machine so you can test the problem

Let me know

Regards.

"The Netcat"

jonfinpausa

Hey Barry,

I dont mean to be a pest and this is not super important, but can put the delete album back on the config screen.This is nice especially if you use Itunes because sometimes Itunes gets a wild hair up its arse and will change a artist name like form N SYNC to 'N Sync and I my library is on a linux server so "N sync" is treated as a different album then "N Sync" the os is case sensitive.So it was kinda nice for me to be able to just delete out the extra album on the occasion this happens, but dont be giving up lunch,beer or sex to sort it out, just when you have a chance.
Thanks bro and super job man, I dont have any videos yet, Im just starting Karaoke.

Fish

Barcrest

Quote from: netcat on April 26, 2007, 02:37:35 AM
works much much better

but....

alas, when you generate the Videos it adds both the Videos & karaokes to the videos folder

Mr. Barcrest let me know if I may be of assistance pinpointing / fixing the problem.

if you wish you may take remote control of my machine so you can test the problem

Let me know

Regards.

"The Netcat"

The config doesn't know the difference between these files. This is why you have to keep them in seperate folders yourselft and build each library on those. It has always worked this way??? Or are you refering to something else...

Jukebox Stats...

jonfinpausa

Barcrest

So we are saf to assume this is working... Also can anyone else confirm this bug with the blank album as i am not seeing this. I will get the remove and edit album buttons working tonight and then i can move on with the improvments and bug fixes in the main app itself.

Hopefully we will get a release by the weekend.

Jukebox Stats...

netcat

I have them in separate folders

and still after pointing it at the c:\multimed\videos folder

it correctly gets the videos BUT it also adds the contents of C:\multimed\karaoke

so the database ends up containing BOTH karaoke & videos under the Karaoke category

Woody

Hey Barry,

The problem with the blank album was, I believe on my end (sorry).
I had several directories without any MP3 files but with cover files in them, I deleted them and the problem went away.

My appologies,

Woody

kizer

The only bug I was able to generate and I've yet to reproduce it.

I updated my database by adding 5 new albums and I checked the swap the option.

It created an album for each song in my entire collection. It was like 8000 or so albums. ;)
I deleted my record files and tried to regenerate the problem and so far no go.
I'm not around 100% so please feel free to PM if you need direct help. Trust me I'm not ignoring you in a post. ;)

coffee

Quote from: netcat on April 26, 2007, 02:57:44 PM
I have them in separate folders

and still after pointing it at the c:\multimed\videos folder

it correctly gets the videos BUT it also adds the contents of C:\multimed\karaoke

so the database ends up containing BOTH karaoke & videos under the Karaoke category

I also got that problem. It mixed my video's with my mp3's. I rebuilded my libraries a few times and it was fine.

Coffee

Barcrest

The problem might have been you were creating one database and then doing the next without exiting. I think i have fixed it...

This one also adds the edit album and remove album buttons back again. They should work ;)

[attachment deleted by admin due to disc space requirements]

Jukebox Stats...