Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

WINAMP VISUALISATIONS

Started by netcat, May 05, 2007, 07:32:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

netcat

OK so if I understand correctly.

- Winamp visualization works ?
- There is a certain WInamp Normalizer plugin that works ?
- Tis particular corssfader (Which has nothing to do with Winamp?)   works ?

Barcrest

Quote from: netcat on May 14, 2007, 12:41:22 PM
OK so if I understand correctly.

- Winamp visualization works ?
- There is a certain WInamp Normalizer plugin that works ?
- Tis particular corssfader (Which has nothing to do with Winamp?)   works ?

NO WINAMP PLUGINS WORK, NONE....

All the winamp stuff does is let the winamp milkdrop plugin run with freebox that is all...

the crossfader i posted up will work, there is also a normaliser but it's too big to attach to the forum. I think there is a link to the site when you install the crossfader.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

netcat

Excellent during the next couple of days I will get them running and create documentation with snapshots.

I remember originally you (or someone) posted step by step info on getting the the MILKFROP thingy and it was several steps if you remember or have the details please post, otherwize I will figure it our when I install.

Also there was a reference (And link in this forum) to a modified plugin for dual monitors my current jukebox has only one monitor will the modified plugin work on the primary AND/OR secondary screen or only on the secondary?

eist1

I found a program that works pretty well at enhancing my MP3's and making them sound much better. It's called SRS Audio Sandbox, can just do a search for it. It's not a plugin, it's a standalone program and enhances everything going out of your soundcard. It's one of the best I've found, if anyone has a better program let me know, I'd love to try it. Thanks

Barcrest

Quote from: netcat on May 15, 2007, 12:48:43 AM
Excellent during the next couple of days I will get them running and create documentation with snapshots.

I remember originally you (or someone) posted step by step info on getting the the MILKFROP thingy and it was several steps if you remember or have the details please post, otherwize I will figure it our when I install.

Also there was a reference (And link in this forum) to a modified plugin for dual monitors my current jukebox has only one monitor will the modified plugin work on the primary AND/OR secondary screen or only on the secondary?

That was the old method of getting milkdrop to work. Now if you have it set up in winamp to display on the correct screen, which you test using winamp. It will work correctly when called by freebox...

Jukebox Stats...

netcat

Understood.

Will work on it this week

draginit

i REALLY hope you figure this out! i gave up a while back trying to get it displayed on dual scrrens(or work properly for that matter), but i think a tutorial on how to step by step setup would be perfect!. im gonna mess around with it agian too, but will be eager to see what you come up with for the tutorial.!  ;D
Just when you thought it not possible....TwelveNinedy

Barcrest

Ideally i would switch to using Windows Media Player and we could just have the visualisations from that running. That is a huge job though and i just can't bring myself to do it right now...

Jukebox Stats...

netcat

Hey Barry.

If we could put together some finantial encouragment would this help ?

what would i take to speed up the process ?

Barcrest

Jukebox Stats...

netcat

I believe that is what you sugested needed to hapen no?

switch to WMP?

Barcrest

Yes in an ideal world... But i would probably need at least a full days coding. So unless you guys have a whip round and cover the £100 i will loose being off work for a day i can't see it happening soon. It involves ripping out all the active movie stuff... However the plus side is it should fix a load of issues with videos that don't play etc. It would also give the ability to have the wmp plug-ins working with freebox...

It's just a huge amount of work.

Jukebox Stats...

coffee

I have huge problems with Windows Media Player. It is not very unstable for me. It hangs up a lot. I have it on 4 computers and I have constant problems with it. Maybe it is just with me but if you play videos with it and hammer it ( forward, skip to next track ) it starts to stall and not responding. That is my only concern.

Barcrest

Fair enough, like i said it's a huge job anyway..

Jukebox Stats...

netcat

OK spent some time today playing with these so far with not very much luck

Winamp Milkdrop. DOesnt appear to work although I have checkmarked it inside of Freebox and I believe it is working within WInamp (I can see some funky visualizations when playing a song in winamp)

SRS Audio Sandbox: Interesting little app to optimize sound but, it is commercial and if you have a good library there is probably no need for it also to the best of myknowledge it does not normalize your music nor does it crossfade in between songs, personally I am not going to bother with this one it also takes up resources in the background

DCCCrossrendereer: this does appear to crossfade reasonably well.  no real need to documentations just unzip and install

so far all I can say is 1 out of 3 aint bad

id love to ghet visualizations working, anybody actually have this working right now ????

also "on the fly" normalizations would be a +++ ay ideas ??