Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

WINAMP VISUALISATIONS

Started by netcat, May 05, 2007, 07:32:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

netcat

Can someone please add the infor for setting up Winamp Visualizations.

I no longer remember the steps and dont see it documented.

HELP !

kizer

I'd like to see that one and the normalization one. I hate having tunes at different sound levels.
I'm not around 100% so please feel free to PM if you need direct help. Trust me I'm not ignoring you in a post. ;)

coffee

Hi Netcat and Kizer

Kizer you can download the DSP_ROCKSTEADY21 plugin to help and normalize the sound off your videos and songs. Just download it and dump it in the plugs-ins directory off winamp and set it up under options in winamp. Try it and see what it does. I don't use it anymore because I found differentses off up to 25 Db between some videos and it use memory and makes freebox slower. I have normalized all my videos but it have taken me three months to normalize everything. I had to do it all over because I had quality problems the first time.
Netcat, the problem most people struggle with is that winamp visualisations only works on the primery screen or on screen 1. You need to add vis_milk_jamie_tweaked.dll driver to your plugins in winamp and set it up under Options  -  Visualisations. If this driver is added you can use it on your second screen if you only have one video board installed. I hope that will sort it.
Let me know if there is anything els that I can help with.     ;)

Coffee

netcat

thanks.

yes a little moredeail please.

where exactly do i get this "tweaked" plugin I'd also like to do the normailizing plugin thing.

I just spent the last two days RE-setting up my jukebox from scratch this time sing a copy of TINYXP VEr 06 (By EXperience), this customized version of XP is really TINY less than 1 Gig after Instialling it, and winrar, Freebox , ELo touchscreen drivers & WInamp and do far seems to be working great, I also replaced the bootup SPlash screen and made it SHell into ObjectDock instead of Internet Explorer, if you are going to be using your PC exclusively for Freebox this is the way to go, it es extremely fast, very small and uses very very little memory, I may write a tutorial if their is interest.

I'd like to get Winamp configrued correctly for visualizations & Normalization, if someone can give me some more detailed instructions I can do it and Take Snapshots and we can post

coffee

Hi Netcat

I'll get the links for you at my office tomorrow and post it for you.
I have a scalled down ver. for xp running and it works great but I think you can post details anyway if you like.

Coffee

coffee

Hi Everyone

Here is the links for the plugins you want.
Rocksteady                 http://www.winamp.com/plugins/details.php?id=1099
Milkdrop plugin             http://milkdrop.us/vis_milk_jamie_tweaked.zip
Milkdrop details            http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?threadid=220440

Coffee

kizer

Coffee,
Thanks for the links

I tried the Rocksteady one and I think I must be a moron. I tried two different albums and the volume seemed way different. I made sure the plugin was enabled via winamp and the check mark was checked in Freebox. Could it be something else?
I'm not around 100% so please feel free to PM if you need direct help. Trust me I'm not ignoring you in a post. ;)

eist1

So will; any WinAmp plugin work? there are afew DSP plugins I'd liek to try. Didn't know if it had to be DirectX specific plugins. Thanks

coffee

Hi Kizer

You have to configer the dB range of the Rocksteady plugin under options. Yes, I have got the same result as you did, that's way I normalized all my videos. For me that works the best because you don't need any plugins and that saves memory.
Eist1. I'm not sure if it needs to be a DirectX specific plugin. I haven't tried it yet. You have any ideas? Let us know if you find something interresting.

Coffee

kizer

I guess first I figure out if its doing what its supposed to be doing.

I ran a track and its naturally loud or I should say its at a good volume.
I then ran another track from a completely different album and the volume seemed rather low.

Does rocksteady lower the volume or raise the volume of lower recorded tracks? I wouldn't mind setting the volume lower to work with the lower recorded tracks and have the volume for the louder tracks lowered, but I guess its trail and error and trying to figure out what exactly its trying to do.

netcat

I am very interested in your results too, please keep us posted.

Barcrest

You can't use audio DSP's from winamp with freebox... here is a cross fader that works...

[attachment deleted by admin due to disc space requirements]
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

kizer

Thanks Barcrest, however where or how do you use it?

I gave it an install, but uh well what then?

netcat

OK guys all of this is very nice, but little info is bing provided regarding "HOW" I will commit to doing a step by step with snapshots and all but I need specific instructions on exactly what to do

Barcrest

Instal the cross fader and it should work automatically, queue up some songs and you will see they are now crossfaded. WINAMP PLUGINS DO NOT WORK
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...