Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Skin changing by date

Started by coffee, May 18, 2007, 07:53:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coffee

Hi Barry

Just got an idea. It would be cool if the skin can automaticly change with the date. Example a skin for Christmas time or halloween or the 4th of July according to the date, maybe a week before and after if you know what I mean. If the machine starts up and change it to the skin selected for that time period.
Just an idea?

Coffee

netcat

that is inded a very cool idea.

now that we got at least one proffesional Skin maker, maybe we can start collectively collecting and updating them.

coffee

I aggree, that will be cool.

netcat

Einst how are your skins coming along ?

is there anything we can do to help?

will you be releasing for general use ?

eist1

Sorry out of town until Wednesday, but when I get back I'll try and throw the few I have together, and release them. I only have the Album View pages done right now, need to work on the other pages. I can get the Budweiser and Margaritaville (and possibly Corona if anyone is interested) together and released hopefully sometime this weekend. Thanks

Barcrest

Yeah that is a cool idea, i will look at getting it in the next release.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

squirrellydw

Quote from: eist1 on May 21, 2007, 10:51:40 PM
Sorry out of town until Wednesday, but when I get back I'll try and throw the few I have together, and release them. I only have the Album View pages done right now, need to work on the other pages. I can get the Budweiser and Margaritaville (and possibly Corona if anyone is interested) together and released hopefully sometime this weekend. Thanks

I am very interested in seeing all of these.  Any chance you could make some kinda of beach theme skin??
Graphic creator of the original BnB, BnR, BnO and BnG Skin
Coffee is the man now

Barcrest

Do you mean something like this?

You can pick the skin to swap to, the date you want it to swap and how many days after that date to stay using the special/holiday skin. At the moment this will only let you pick one alternate skin, i am sure you guys would really like a calendar so you could specify all sorts of skins but that is just too much work right now, maybe i will set up multiple skins/dates in a future version...

I am hoping to make a release once i get the play list stuff in squirel  ;)

[attachment deleted by admin due to disc space requirements]

Jukebox Stats...

squirrellydw

very cool......no rush on the play list, do it when you have time.
Graphic creator of the original BnB, BnR, BnO and BnG Skin
Coffee is the man now

kizer

Barcrest that is pretty cool. I'm not sure I would personally use it much because its not hard to swap a skin in the settings, but suppose if your like coffee and run a business he might might find it useful because thats one less thing he has to worry about. Heck he could even have a skin with advertising for his pub in it and only last for the period hes trying to push something.
I'm not around 100% so please feel free to PM if you need direct help. Trust me I'm not ignoring you in a post. ;)

coffee

Yes the idea around all of this is to try and be the only one to do any work in the options area. If you let your staff fool around with it and don't know what they are doing it could mean trouble, if you know what I mean. Especially with a jukebox like this where there is a lot of different ways to set it up. That is also why the auto update issue is so important to me.
Barry. I think one skin should do it. One could make a skin for a worldcup and install it and set it to display for a month or so. My original idea behind this was to use like 5 or so skins and let the jukebox use 3 of those and change them every month and use 2 skins for example Christmas and a special sport event during the year or something like that. This way the jukebox will look different every month. It will help to let the jukebox always look interresting and not get boring. Something new always generates more money and it would make the jukebox attract more customers. I will be more than willing to donate for something like this because I think it will be worth it at the end.

Thanks
Coffee

Barcrest

Donate away, cause it's already in LOL I assume the credits work with the current version as well now?

Jukebox Stats...

coffee

Hi Barry

Donation done. Hope you find it in order. Any of my other requests?

Coffee