Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

E-Touch Internet Radio Tutorial

Started by fordman, February 26, 2010, 08:26:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barcrest

Sounds like you might not have media player set as the default player for those files.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

NIVO

file associations for asx are set to WMP. have no idea why it wants to open the web page of the net radio station in the background either. It starts out fine, then proceeds to play 2 more instances after so you a 3 echo effect of the same stream.

Also one other question. Is there any way to alter the default media player to use instead of WMP? Because I cant get any metadata from the station to display at all. Playing the exact same asx file in Winamp shows artist and track name fine every time. WMP wont show it at all, and those stations ARE broadcasting it as winamp picks it up immediately. Also winamp has much much better visualizations imo.

Barcrest

Ah, only just found out winamp is back from the dead. Unfortunately there isn't a way to have anything other than WMP with E-touch. Check your WMP settings and make sure you don't have it set to alter your media from the internet and such like as that might be why it's opening a web page. I no longer have the radio stations even set up on my build because the auto DJ with related track playing provides a better experience, i just pick a track and all that follow on random are based of each other. If i play classic rock it tends to stick with classic rock, likewise with indie or pop etc. I will see if i still have any radio station files and see if i can recreate your issue on my machine.

Jukebox Stats...

NIVO

thx barry. Yea shame we cant use winamp. I still use it everyday on my pc's. It has alot going for it. DSP/FREE visual plugins!!!!! as well as EQ adjustments/metadata natively(as long as stations are broadcasting it). I despise WMP and its monetary system and its privacy "i need to know everything you are doing" crap.

Barcrest

Quote from: NIVO on August 03, 2015, 06:04:11 PM
thx barry. Yea shame we cant use winamp. I still use it everyday on my pc's. It has alot going for it. DSP/FREE visual plugins!!!!! as well as EQ adjustments/metadata natively(as long as stations are broadcasting it). I despise WMP and its monetary system and its privacy "i need to know everything you are doing" crap.

Issue is winamp cannot be controlled externally reliably which is why i dropped my attempt to support many years ago. That and it also was pulled from existence, it appears to have come back probably with new owners. It also has it's own share of issues with plugins that include malware, wildtangent i'm looking at you.

Jukebox Stats...

dilligas2u

BYOB    Brew your own beer

Mark Norville

Would it be worth finding that file? The chances are that it does not work now anyway especially if it is from 4.0 that must have been quite a few years ago and times have changed a lot since then, not just new radio stations, but some are off the air and some have changed frequency.

You might go here for channels and frequency https://www.internet-radio.com/

Regards

Mark
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

ecbrad

dilligas2u

Thanks
now to see if I can do anything with it

Mark Norville

I downloaded and had a look but good luck a lot of old data that needs updating. The files that are there are not a lot and need a massive update.
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

dilligas2u

Some good feeds but how do you get them to the asx so yoou can tag them?

ecbrad

Quote from: dilligas2u on February 15, 2016, 10:47:27 AM
Some good feeds but how do you get them to the asx so yoou can tag them?

I honestly have no idea. I couldn't get it to work even with the tutorial so gave it up. I only have the file as I'm a notorious hoarder ;)

Brad

dilligas2u

I guess what I'm after is if I find a feed I like. How do I make it into an asx file?

Mark Norville

Youtube is a wonderful thing https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=how+to+make+an+asx+file

Hopefully you might find a video that shows you how to do it.

Regards

Mark