News:

Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Can't See My Video's Play, But I Can Hear Them...And yes my eyes are open :)

Started by caesar, July 09, 2007, 09:48:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

draginit

, yes! ,  i saw a brief title at the bottom of the screen that didnt fit the screen,,,,but now the music wont start. its just sitting their at 0:00, an 2nd screen is blank again..i tried several songs. any ideas?

add- just to add to this, now when i hit video tab it imediatly kicks me out of freebox, no errors or warnings..not sure what to make of it and FYI

-ok, wierd, just for the hell of it i switched it back to another monitor "2"  and the karaoke music started right up...now what??
Just when you thought it not possible....TwelveNinedy

Barcrest

Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

draginit

caesar

Hello,
Mystery Solved!
I wasn't clicking the "Now Playing" icon on the top right corner, I was clicking the "Album" tab on the left column.
Thanks Again!

Barcrest

Jukebox Stats...

draginit

ceaser,  im assuming your using just the one monitor right? and its displaying in your now playing box? i push now playing and it just shows me the album art

-barcrest, i just retagged my videos just because, but im still getting kicked out without warning as soon as i press the video tab. heres my directory c:/videos/random videos/tracks
                                                                       /anime/tracks.
is two subfolders enough? i only have ten videos, so i had to find others movies just to make another subfolder....each has its own image. basically i set them up identical to the music directory.

-im gonna hold off trying to figure out the karoake for now until i atleast finish organizing what i have.

Barcrest

You really want a few videos, i organised them by artist.... You do need a few sub folders (Albums) whe you build the video database.

Does your video database show up correctly in the config?

Jukebox Stats...

draginit

ok, i'll break up the few i have right now, as they come up various artist in the config.. i try to make them all their perspective artists right now.

draginit

well that did the trick for showing up the albums!! however, now just like the karaoke, it gets hung up at 0:00.. the video image appears on the 2nd, im guessing the very first frame, and locks their with no sound.  oh, and i just noticed it says "text 11" where the artist should be next to the time. actually where the time should be, and in all the lists of tracks where time is usually shown.
it doesnt lock freebox or anything because as soon as i hit next it plays my audio no prob.

Barcrest

Right you are almost there... Follow this check list...

Media Player 11 installed?
K-Lite Mega Codec Installed?
Karaoke Plugin installed?
Direct X (Latest version for your o/s)

If you have those 4 things installed (In that order) then tell us what format your videos are in, are the MPG, WMV or AVI. If they are different (Different codecs) have you stired them all. I suspect you need to install the latest media player.

Jukebox Stats...

draginit

ok, well that was fun, i didnt have wmp11, so that is up to par now. i reinstalled the klite codecs and veriufied the karaoke install. i didnt have dirext x and got that too. i hadnt updated in awhile i guess since its just in the juke. still no succes tho.
-here are some pic of what im seeing, not sure if it will help towards the solution tho.
here its showing its locked up and doesnt quite fit the screen properly
her the quality is so piss poor. any video, any format will come out distorted, when i play the videos on my other computer there perfeclty normal. am i still missing something? oddly tho, my other cpu doesnt have half the things ive been downloading into the juke.
and i played a video normally just to see and through the 2nd monitor its hardly readable

-right, im using mpeg,avi, and wmv, all randomly. do i need to make them all the same? or atleast the same format for each seperate folder? im going to seperate each format and try them one at a time. i guess im more confused as to why the videos would play correctly in an older cpu with less installs than a less than a year old cpu with everything listed.....

any ideas??  if nothing else, i just recieved my new hard drive in the mail(upgrading to 500gig).. so maybe a fresh install of everything will be the answer.. i am hoping to just clone everything over tho. im going to have to do this again with the new project im working on too..uughh

kizer

I tried to use the video once and realized I heard sound, but no video because well I didn't have a second monitor hooked up. ;) Just throwing that out there because it might not be obvious to some.  ;D
I'm not around 100% so please feel free to PM if you need direct help. Trust me I'm not ignoring you in a post. ;)

draginit

yea, ive checked and rechecked, but i am getting images to the second screen all the time. those pics are coming from the 2nd monitor.

Barcrest

Ddue what are you running that second monitor on? It looks like it's too low res and doesn't have the right bit depth set? Is it running on a second graphics card? If so do you have the right drivers installed cause that looks like it's running on a 256k isa card.

Jukebox Stats...

Barcrest

Jukebox Stats...