News:

Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Can't See My Video's Play, But I Can Hear Them...And yes my eyes are open :)

Started by caesar, July 09, 2007, 09:48:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

caesar

Hello,
   OK, I've got the audio MP3 player figured out, so now I'm trying the video.
I created a video folder, tagged it.  ;D  And I can select a video, but only the audio plays.  ??? With no error messages.
Where does the video get displayed?  :(

I made sure that I didn't have any other monitors selected under "Options".
Any suggestions?
Thanks!

coffee

Click on the album icon at the top of the screen, it should take you to the "now playing" screen were it will normally display the cover.jpg when you played mp3's. Instead of the cover.jpg the video will be displayed here. If not download and install a good codec pack and see if the problem is solved.

:D

Barcrest

try searching the K-Lite codec pack on www.betanews.com that tends to install most of the codecs you should need.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

draginit

im doing the search on the site and get 0 results.  ??? tried typing it different ways too..  can you be more specific please.
-i too still cant get videos playing

found'em
Just when you thought it not possible....TwelveNinedy

Barcrest

Jukebox Stats...

draginit

perfect,.thanks   uuuhh..does it matter which one..i was thinking of using the "mega" with the highest ratings and downloads.. does it really matter?

coffee

draginit

i'll give it a try right now...assuming my videos are tagged correctly, they should immediatly start working on my second screen?  or i'll probly need to rebuild the library.  i had them working once, but the quality was very poor and pixelated, im hoping its because i didnt have this codecs then...'lli mess with it for awhile and see what happens

Barcrest

i found out with testing with netcat today... in windows you need your screens to be set to the same resolution and to be set side by side with screen 1 to the left of screen 2. If you can't see the blank video window on your second monitor this could be why... It is set via the screen properties.

Jukebox Stats...

draginit

ok, im going to check this out now and see if thats how im set, in the mean time im getting runtime 13...only when i hit the videos tab. everything else is still perfect. although my karoake plays sound with no video. hopefully its this setting issue.

Barcrest

For you karaoke you need to install the codec included in the zip file with the freebox distribution.

Jukebox Stats...

draginit

Quote from: Barcrest on July 09, 2007, 11:30:52 PM
For you karaoke you need to install the codec included in the zip file with the freebox distribution.
-yep, did that!  when the music starts it will kick winamp off, flash both screens, then go to my windows background... agian, if i uncheck the use second screen box, the words come up in the now playing box, but scramble up terribly after a few lines and are completly unreadable, like it cant refresh as it goes.

-my moniters are both 800x600, 1 on left, 2 on right.. and identities pop as so on screen.. ive got a mix of mpeg, wmv, and avi..that shouldnt matter right?  im at a loss now.

Barcrest

Dude it's nothing to do with winamp... Do not have the check box enabled for winamp then try. Also make the option use second screen for all not just videos.

Jukebox Stats...

draginit

yea i know,..as it was stated before, i was just saying what i see happening. my second screen goes immediatly to my windows background and i guess its trying to show the image but its just my background. and ive tried all 3 monitor selections. 3 goes blank/black. the other two stay on my background..i tried all that you mentioned prior with no success.   

Barcrest

Jukebox Stats...