News:

Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Can't See My Video's Play, But I Can Hear Them...And yes my eyes are open :)

Started by caesar, July 09, 2007, 09:48:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

draginit

i have the box but not the manual anymore, its an MSI fx5200-td128lf...i know big help huh? it has dvi/vga/tv-out, i have the vga to the touch, and dvi to the tv....settings were at their highest-32-bit.. ive been thinking it may have been a video card issue back when i first bought it,,  im currently formatting the new drive on the system, but as soon as its done, i'll switch back and confirm the settings and see about reinstalling the driver disk..i'll look online more detail about the card...
-would you recomend just getting a dual vga card? i only have one pci slot available, the video card is agp, and i thought dual vidoe cards could only be on SLI MB's
Just when you thought it not possible....TwelveNinedy

Barcrest

Dude the TV out should work, it sounds like you don't have the colour depth set correctly on it. I used TV out on my NVIDA to out put to my TV.  When you get chance let us know the settings and we will try to work you through this. I have not got my old 1mb PCI card to tes on this dev machine i threw it out so i have set up my jukebox panel... it will take me another 30 minutes or so to get it running then i can do some testing here.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

Barcrest

Actually fairly painless, but i am generating the library so you'll have to bear with me. It was running a really old version of freebox. It's about time i tested the new version on my P700 panel anyway to check for speed issues etc.

Jukebox Stats...

draginit

yea no problem,..test away.. my formats at 80%,..slow...but i'll switch back in a minute.

Barcrest

Right i have it working pretty much first time. I do have some videos that hang though and don't play. This is to do with codec issues though i know it is. Because they play on my dev machine, i think nero installed some codecs that let some of them play because active movie uses filters or something not actual codecs but it's all linked in.

Jukebox Stats...

draginit

ok, switching over right now, didnt mean to keep you waiting, should have a status in a few minutes..

draginit

well, i tried 16 bit and 32, unplugged the dvi and used tv-out(same as the s-video right?)
-reinstalled video card drivers.
-same results all around...everything hangs, bit depth all F'd, and most labels on 2nd monitor when choosing video or karoke dont fit on the screen...........one difference though, is when windows is loading it mimicks everything,, my logo actually fits on the screen but the transitions are terrible.. flashing, distortion, the works.
-tv settings maybe, hell it cant hurt to try........
-oh, and that dam "text 11" in the place of all the times, which lets me know its not going to work before i even press add to queue.

Barcrest

it does sound like some sort of video settings issue.... Try it but make sure freebox is running in window mode not fullscreen.

Jukebox Stats...

draginit

ok, i found my tv was set on super wide,..i now have it widescreen 16:9 and everything fits perfectly........still hanging tho. (windowed or fullscreen)

Barcrest

dude... Run freebox in windowed mode then set the second screen to be number 1... it should be on the same screen infront of freebox. Just bring freebox to the front using the taskbare and try and play, do they play behind freebox? come on msn man it will be easier to trouble shoot.. barcrest@hotmail.com

Jukebox Stats...

draginit

ok, cool, might take me a minute, not registered or used it before, i'll figure it out...but just before you posted, my WMV's will play ???  ,nothing else..still very bad quality,. i'll get in msn right now.

caesar

Hello Draginit,
   Yes, I'm just using my pc's monitor for now, 17" widescreen 1280 x 800. Videos are pixelated, but is that the quality of the video?  :-\  I only have a couple .mpg's so I'm not aware of the full potential. I'm sure high quality videos are larger files, the ones I have are approx. 60-70mb each. I found them on the web  :-\
Thanks!

Barcrest

I have some sweet quality mpeg4 files that are about 80mb and they are spot on quality.

Jukebox Stats...

caesar

Hello,
Even in full screen mode?
Where's a good place to find some high quality music videos? (For test purposes, cough, cough)
Which formats are better than others?
Thanks!

draginit

my video files are small too, but thats not my video quality problem, cuz they play clear in the mainscreen ans other cpu's and never on the second screen...
barry do you sleep? haha

hey, my karake plays fine in the mainscreen all behind freebox as it was set earlier, i have 1 video,just one! that will play on the 2nd monitor low quality...