Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Barcrest's Wall Mount...

Started by Barcrest, November 15, 2007, 06:45:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barcrest

Man i hooked my plasma plates tonight on sticky pads so i could see it all working... One of the plasma plates  no longer works. It was a bit dicky when i first cabled it up but now it will not come on at all. It wil flick some life if i slap the back.. So i opened it up to look for a loose connection and there is nothing obvious so now i need to get a replacment plasma plate. I'm a bit pissed off now... On the plus side i upgraded the juke to SP2 and installed the latest media player and that part is now running sweet.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

kizer

How did installing the update make it run sweet opposed to not so sweet?  ;D
Im a Win2K user tis why I asked.
I'm not around 100% so please feel free to PM if you need direct help. Trust me I'm not ignoring you in a post. ;)

Barcrest

Because without running SP2 i couldn't install WMP11, that ment i couldn't go full screen for the video on the now playing screen. I am even more pissed about the plasma plate now i have seen the price of picking up a replacement.... I think i might just do a regular budget paint job on my juke now...

Jukebox Stats...

casper

Quote from: Barcrest on November 23, 2007, 06:51:44 PM
Because without running SP2 i couldn't install WMP11, that ment i couldn't go full screen for the video on the now playing screen. I am even more pissed about the plasma plate now i have seen the price of picking up a replacement.... I think i might just do a regular budget paint job on my juke now...
barry i'll try and sort you another one out. has you know i have stripped many of these down there is 1 red power wire only that goes to the plate and they can be very brittle and can break under the black tape near the base of the plate you may have to take the surround off altogether.  If its not working at all may be airline crack somewhere as they are very delacate. i assume youv'e tried the other adapter. just sounds like a dodgy wire there's not that much to them really.  the picture shows the wire and how brittle it can be also how delicate they are i managed to break 3 in about half an hour so be careful.

[attachment deleted by admin due to disc space requirements]

Barcrest

It is a loose wire i know this because if you tap the plate it flickers some life but it will not stay on. I have opened it up but it all seems connected on the inside.

Jukebox Stats...

casper

if its the broken wire near the base of the glass then there isn't much you will be able to do about it. and it will not be all that obvious to see if its broken try moving the red power wire that goes to the plate if it is that then you will need a new plate.

craiglincs

Hi There Barcrest,

I just donated, love the software and would like to see if some of the bugs i am having are sorted, index out of bounds errors when adding videos etc.

Just a quick one with reference your jukebox, very very impressive, what sort of budget did you spend and where did the case come from, it looks excellent, just the sort of thing i am looking for, for my project.

Many Thanks

Craig

Barcrest

Your account is upgraded, good to se another brit on here. I had the chasis built for me by casper on here, i am not sure how much he will charge you but i really recommend his work. It's rock solid, all i did was install the PC and set up the software. I still have to paint it and as such, The design looks really slick and much like the ones you find in the bars here in the UK.

Jukebox Stats...

craiglincs

Thanks very much, I will contact casper, if you are reading this casper could you perhaps PM me a quote for the same case.

much appreciated

Craig

Barcrest

I have mailed him for you to give him the heads up. Obviously what really finishes it off is the paint job, do a good job on that and the thing will look amazing.

Jukebox Stats...

craiglincs

I'm excited at the thought and its my first day here lol!

out of interest, as a software engineer myself, what language is Freebox written in?

I will also be working on a skin, will post it up when finished, it'll be based on sort of mods and rockers type theme, with a lambretta type theme

Barcrest

Freebox is coded in Visual Basic. Look forward to seein g a new skin.

Jukebox Stats...

Drben

Lookin good Barry. I'm really looking forward to seeing it done! :D

Barcrest

Problem is the paint i want is $100 from the US, that isn't an issue but they want to charge me $200 shipping... WTF? I am trying to find a U.K. distibutor.

Jukebox Stats...

squirrellydw

My guess is they are charging that much because they consider paint hazardous.  Still 200 is to much
Graphic creator of the original BnB, BnR, BnO and BnG Skin
Coffee is the man now