Main Menu

Barcrest's Wall Mount...

Started by Barcrest, November 15, 2007, 06:45:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

craiglincs

thanks very much!

appreciate it!

craiglincs

another quick one.... the finish on your jukebox looks amazing, what type of paint is used?

Barcrest

Looks awsome buddy, i really like it...
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

craiglincs

ooooh and where can i get the speaker covers you use on yours, or ones similar?

I have looked on ebay and cant find many small enough to fit the creative cones.

casper

the speeker covers are with the creative speekers i bought they are behind the front covers. the paint is hycote gloss black acrylic spray paint bought from any car shop 2 tins at £2.25 per tin and finished with a tin of clear lacquer spray again from my local car shop £2.50.  the paint had about 4 coats and i blathered it in lacquer i will buff it in a couple of weeks to get i nice smooth finish. i also gave it a couple of coats of black brush on primer any primer will do although mdf doesn't seem to like spray primer. the main areas to concentrate on before painting is all the edges that have been cut you will need to give it loads of primer and plenty of sanding. i'll get the other sign fitted on over the weekend i'll post some more pics on you can let me know if it looks daft.. cheers

casper

Quote from: Barcrest on February 07, 2008, 05:12:07 PM
Looks awsome buddy, i really like it...
cheers barry  thanx for the plans and original ideas and convincing me to go down the subtle road ;D

craiglincs

it truly looks classy, just the sort of thing many people would love in their rooms as an entertainment feature!

you boys should think of mass production! hehe

Barcrest

Mass production maybe one day... LOL I still need to get myself sorted house wise. I have a room in a shared house now but i still don't have my belongings yet.

Jukebox Stats...

craiglincs

Dragons den!!! haha

Any joy with the disk at all yet Barry?

casper

Barcrest

I need to get my powerleads for my drives from a work colleagues house, she isn't in work today and isn't answering her phone :S As soon as i get those i am good to go with the drives.... I know it sounds like a stream of excuses but this shit all just went a bit pear a bit quick.

Jukebox Stats...

craiglincs

No worries mate, just getting some flack from the boss at work who actually paid for it!

Would be great if we could get something sorted though, been over a week now.

casper

finally finished  ;D  Added the betabrite sign. Also added surrounds around the plasma plates to finish them off. And added the lock to the front of the cab. some pics here where the jukebox can be seen clearer than the video.http://www.flickr.com/photos/21275698@N04/2266306831/

twarr

Really nice result :) Congrats!

Also, you should have the shadow dancers on that thing.. I have downloaded the v6, if you are interested.. just send me an pm :)