Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Barcrest's Wall Mount...

Started by Barcrest, November 15, 2007, 06:45:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

twarr

hi!

To everybody who wants the shadow dancers, just download this torrent: http://torrents.thepiratebay.org/3740420/Shadow_Dancers_v6.3740420.TPB.torrent

I am seeding with full speed and will do so for a couple of weeks.. :)

craiglincs

Hi Casper,

What size are your plasma plates? They look around 6 - 8" but im struggling to find any under 12"

Cheers

Craig

draginit

Thanks twarr! im downloading now.  :beer
Just when you thought it not possible....TwelveNinedy

twarr

np mate :)

This torrent is for the dvd, so it will be needed to encode it to xvid or something.. I was thinking of making it into xvid and then split it to pieces of like 10 minutes or so, as freebox can be set to choose a random movie for visualistation..

I really think it will be best in this way, as you will get different sequences every time then, and the file will not be so big (and harder for the computer to load). What do you think?

casper

Quote from: craiglincs on February 18, 2008, 04:19:02 PM
Hi Casper,

What size are your plasma plates? They look around 6 - 8" but im struggling to find any under 12"

Cheers

Craig
the plates are 6" there are some on ebay not cheap though did you try comet? £8 each last time i bought some..  paste this in ebay search         Fantastic Funky 6" plasma plate - stunning blue light

casper

Quote from: twarr on February 18, 2008, 06:13:28 PM
np mate :)

This torrent is for the dvd, so it will be needed to encode it to xvid or something.. I was thinking of making it into xvid and then split it to pieces of like 10 minutes or so, as freebox can be set to choose a random movie for visualistation..

I really think it will be best in this way, as you will get different sequences every time then, and the file will not be so big (and harder for the computer to load). What do you think?
thanks i have started the download. i think its a good idea to chop the vid into smaller sizes. will freebox show the vid even on a one screen setup? never tried running vids so its all new to me.. cheers casper

Barcrest

You see the vids on the now playing screen if you are running one screen.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

casper

can anybody tell me what format i should convert the vids to tried xvid and config won't recognize them i have used betatag . where do i put the files so that when i play a mp3 music file the vid plays? cheers for any help. also i tried some old music vids that i had used in a older version but the config will not see those either.

craiglincs

I use AVI and MPEGS myself, I put all the videos in their own folder so c:\Videos\Eminem\Lose Yourself.mpg and suchlike

Yuo cannot as as far as i know play an MP3 and play an associated video at the same time, but if your playing music vids then theres no need to :D

eist1

To have videos playing while music is playing, I'd imagine you would need to somehow convert the videos to visualizations, so it would show while the song is playing, unless Barcrest has/or will add the option to have specific videos play on the visualization screen while mp3's are playing.

coffee

Hi to all.

Yeah, it would be cool  to play a random video while a mp3 is playing. A problem I have with visualizations is that sometimes when a mp3 start you can access the taskbar. ( I don't know if anybody els had this problem ) If you can play a random video while playing a mp3 you can also use this function to display video adds which is always a good marketing tool and it will be very usefull for commercial operaters.
With this video adds you can also show new functions about Freebox and how to use it. That will be pretty cool too.

squirrellydw

Graphic creator of the original BnB, BnR, BnO and BnG Skin
Coffee is the man now

casper

Quote from: eist1 on February 20, 2008, 03:52:11 PM
To have videos playing while music is playing, I'd imagine you would need to somehow convert the videos to visualizations, so it would show while the song is playing, unless Barcrest has/or will add the option to have specific videos play on the visualization screen while mp3's are playing.
does anyone know of a way to convert the vids to visualization or if there is any such software that can do it. otherwise really there is not much point to useing the shadow dancer vids or am i missing something? i think coffee as the right idea with freebox having the ability to play random vids while a mp3 is playing either for adds or showing new functions maybe showing how freebox works while there is no song selected. cheers

Barcrest

You need a vis that will play videos, i don't know if there is one. However it is not possible to play videos while a ong is playing due to the media player being used to play the song. So you need a vis to do it or it's usless.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

squirrellydw

Does anyone know of any FREE software that will convert a mpeg to a vis?  If so I can make it.
Graphic creator of the original BnB, BnR, BnO and BnG Skin
Coffee is the man now