Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Barcrest's Wall Mount...

Started by Barcrest, November 15, 2007, 06:45:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eist1

Barcrest

Because i'm a cheap skate and the paint was like £100 i thought i would cover the front of my juke in vinyl, also because i am an inpatient dumbass it didn't work right. I got the vinyl on and cut it ok but it didn't stick right and when i woke up this morning it was full off bubbles.... Stupid Vinyl i knew i should have gone with paint.  :tommy
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

squirrellydw

Quote from: eist1 on February 27, 2008, 04:35:23 AM
Here's the link for Microsoft's Visualization SDK

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-gb/library/aa393409.aspx

I will look at this if and when I get a new PC since my laptop died last night.
Graphic creator of the original BnB, BnR, BnO and BnG Skin
Coffee is the man now

casper

Quote from: Barcrest on February 27, 2008, 11:28:38 AM
Because i'm a cheap skate and the paint was like £100 i thought i would cover the front of my juke in vinyl, also because i am an inpatient dumbass it didn't work right. I got the vinyl on and cut it ok but it didn't stick right and when i woke up this morning it was full off bubbles.... Stupid Vinyl i knew i should have gone with paint.  :tommy
what did you use to stick it with? did you wrap it over the front of the door and staple it at the back. i never thought about using vinyl could have saved me alot of time sanding & primering.

Barcrest

It was brushed metal stickyback stuff i brought from B&Q, only £10 and it looked good if it wasn't for the bubbles...

Jukebox Stats...

Woody

I had an similar problem. I did a custom overlay on printshop and went to have it printed at Kinkos, I talked to the dude there about something that would hold up to alot of touching (it is a touchscreen) and he turned me on to a heavy vinyl that could be photo quality printed on. It was the bomb when i picked it up and looked great after I applied it to the the face board, the next morning it had several bubbles in it and I tried everything to get rid of them. I used a syringe to prick thru the vinyl an draw out the air then I used an iron (very low setting) to try to help with adhesion. That worked to remove most of them but some came back. I talked to a couple people about it and they seemed to think that there are trapped solvent gasses between the material and the board. One friend does vinyl flooring and he said it happens alot on that if you dont allow enough time for the glue to evaporate (should be just dry to the touch) when the surfaces are mated.Too much glue can be a bad thing as well. I wish I had talked to him prior to doing my project, I did rush the job and probably used too much adhesive.

Oh well, live and learn,

Woody

P.S. I will probably give my prototype to my brother and ty again.

Barcrest

I am thinking of starting again... It's all bubbled up now, and although not a total right off it just looks cheap.

Jukebox Stats...

casper

Quote from: Barcrest on February 28, 2008, 02:45:05 PM
I am thinking of starting again... It's all bubbled up now, and although not a total right off it just looks cheap.
sounds like a total ball ache are you going to try and recover with vinyl or do something else with it you might be better of painting it. but i would imagine that to also be a ball ache trying to get all the glue of and sanding it back to its original state. good luck barry :tommy

Barcrest

Yeah it has gone a bit wrong for me :s

Jukebox Stats...

casper

Here is the juke with a new 19" touchscreen fitted. The overlay was bought off ebay for £40 absolute bargain. the screen works perfectly probably better than the original 15" touch screen that was installed. Whilst installing the screen i managed to rip the wires out of the powermate for a second time only this time its un-repairable :tommy So i am on the look out for a new one but can't seem to found one under £40 which is 3x what i paid for mine. When i do manage to get hold of one i will leave the wires coming out of the side and not bother trying to get them to come out of the bottom. which as been the reason why the wires ripped out so easy.

[attachment deleted by admin due to disc space requirements]

eist1

Casper,

The jukebox looks great!! As for the Powermate, didn't the one you bought come with a USB extension cable? The one I bought had a 12" extention cable, it was about 2 feet long with the extension. Good job.

casper

Quote from: eist1 on March 18, 2008, 05:04:56 AM
Casper,

The jukebox looks great!! As for the Powermate, didn't the one you bought come with a USB extension cable? The one I bought had a 12" extention cable, it was about 2 feet long with the extension. Good job.
Cheers eist
The usb cable was plenty long enough but when i was installing the screen and tidying up the wiring the power mate cable must have snagged on something inside the juke so when i opened the lid it ripped the wires out of the back of the knob. It wouldn't have done it any other time it was because all the wires going to the door of the juke were hanging loose while i fitted the screen cables. I could have soildered it normally but there is a crack in the circuit board. Ah well just managed to buy one from ebay £22 so its not has bad as i thought. The screen looks massive compared to the last one and i think it suits the juke more. ;D

squirrellydw

Graphic creator of the original BnB, BnR, BnO and BnG Skin
Coffee is the man now

Barcrest

How does the software look on your 19" as i have noticed you got the wide screen one (Which is all i could find the overlays for as well) as opposed to the 4:3 aspect ratio of standard 19" TFT Screens. I am suspecting it looks stretched at 1024 x 768.

I was thinking of adding a 19" to the bottom of my juke under the 15" touchscreen and using it as the second display for the VIS and Videos but I have all but given up on mine now. I just don't have anywhere to work on it and i just don't think i can make it look how i want it.

So then the real question is when are you taking orders dude...  :beer

Jukebox Stats...

casper

Quote from: Barcrest on March 18, 2008, 01:56:57 PM
How does the software look on your 19" as i have noticed you got the wide screen one (Which is all i could find the overlays for as well) as opposed to the 4:3 aspect ratio of standard 19" TFT Screens. I am suspecting it looks stretched at 1024 x 768.

I was thinking of adding a 19" to the bottom of my juke under the 15" touchscreen and using it as the second display for the VIS and Videos but I have all but given up on mine now. I just don't have anywhere to work on it and i just don't think i can make it look how i want it.

So then the real question is when are you taking orders dude...  :beer
Although the software is stretched it would only looked stretched to someone who's been using it on a 4.3 screen otherwise you wouldn't know if the software was for 4.3 or 16.9 screens. I thought i may have to tinker with the skin to make it look right but its perfect as it is. i'm not sure a big sqaure 19" screen would suit our cabs barry so if you get chance to grab a overlay at £40 it might be worth considering.