Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Help Please - Duplicate music files

Started by Clint Van Eyssen, April 20, 2016, 08:52:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sie1984

Tried what you said Mark even deleted etouch from my computer reinstalled as fresh and still having the same issue as on the pictures above  :tommy

Mark Norville

No wonder you want an idiot guide with the shit on your jukebox, only decent album is REM.

The database is a flat file database which is the records.cvr etc, so once you deleted those, then it should have started from a fresh database.

Where you have the two REM covers, have a look in the directory of the repeat and make sure that you do not have duplicates of the cover.

We shall try that step.
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

sie1984

PMSL i have to cater for all tastes in music  ;) i started all from afresh checked in the repeated file and there are no duplicate images. In the second picture (duplicated) when you click into it another different artwork shows again wrong album and a single track is duplicated x amount of times from another completely different album.

Mark Norville

Ok can you take a picture of your settings for config 9 and where have you installed eTouch to? Which directory?
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

Gaucho

There are also some cvr and rec files in the artist>audio folder, not sure if these will have any effect.

Does the update work with no probs for you Mark? Thought Barry said it wasn't working but I would rather use update as it's quicker.

Mark Norville

Quote from: Gaucho on October 25, 2016, 02:03:41 PM
There are also some cvr and rec files in the artist>audio folder, not sure if these will have any effect.

Does the update work with no probs for you Mark? Thought Barry said it wasn't working but I would rather use update as it's quicker.

Indeed there are, that might be the reason why. As Gaucho has said, go into that folder, delete all of those, and also your records in the main directory and try that.

Yeah I never have a problem using update rather than generate. I am on version 10,01 though, so I am not sure if Barry has done something in later versions though.

Regards

Mark

Gaucho

Cheers I'll give it a go. It was back in V9 or 8 that it was apparently a problem.

Now all I have to do is figure out how to write a batch file to update rather than generate.

sie1984

Tried to the above and deleted all files still no joy here is a picture of my config set up

Mark Norville

Firstly you have so many windows open in the background, some of which you do not need as you are not a commercial operator, which is the price per play. I think that it does not work unless you have a commercial license.

Looking at where it says genre you have

Country, Country rock you should only have one genre, that might be why it is not working.

Regards

Mark

Gaucho

That's not the etouch credit module, looks like two different juke apps running.

berrywell

Sorry to go over things again but may I just clarify which problem are you still currently experiencing?

Having just read through the entire thread, your opening post mentions about a duplicate library starting from 'A' again, then further down you posted screenshots showing the wrong thumbnail icon. Which of these two (maybe both) are you still experiencing?

It's just that I've had the thumbnail problem in the past, if this is still a problem I'll see if I can try and remember what I did to sort it but it was well over a year ago since I had this problem.

Also, unsure whether this makes a difference but I run my actual Jukebox program in admin mode, going from your last screenshot of the config settings, it appears you aren't doing so, it might be worth trying that?

sie1984

Hi Mark/Gaucho,

The windows open in the background are for my touchscreen games the credit emulator are for those so are seperate to the jukebox normally i have these closed when im not playing on the games.

I will check all of the genres tonight but that country album is not duplicated and seems fine within the jukebox but i am happy to give anything a go and appreciate all your help.

sie1984

Hi berrywell,

I am not the original poster on this thread so that would be a seperate issue for someone else i just tagged onto it lol.

The issue i am experiencing is that duplicate thumbnails are showing on the wrong album even though the d:music album folder contains just the one correct jpg.

When in the jukebox and clicking on the wrong album artwork a completly different and random artwork then shows up in the track listing with a random track duplicated from another album (shown in second picture)

Other than that the system works great

Mark Norville

As Gaucho has said though, there is the artists folder, so delete all the files from within that as well, also remove the Country, Country Rock from genres, as most software can only handle one genre at a time.

Regards

Mark

sie1984

Hi mark,

I deleted all the folders last night and deleted them out of the artist folder and started again but still had the issue. But will try and edit the genres to a single one i know its going to be something simple thats causing the issue.