News:

Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

E-Bay Listing - A potential DIY project..

Started by berrywell, January 27, 2017, 09:05:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

berrywell

Quote from: Mark Norville on March 08, 2017, 11:13:05 AM
Firstly they do not come with cases, they are just a mobo attached to the frame that would be where you should look first.

Ahh right, I didn't realise that, I will have to have another good look around the Jukebox case at the weekend, I'm unlikely to have time between now and then.

jukejohn

berrywell

Quote from: jukejohn on March 08, 2017, 01:00:10 PM
you need a mini itx motherboard/pc

Do I? Oh damn it..
That's piled a big load of poo on my cheap PC purchase as I'm pretty sure the mobo isn't a mini itx. :(

Anyway, thanks for the info JukeJohn :)

Barcrest

My larger and older video surfer wall mount takes a normal midi atx case.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

berrywell

For the time being I'm going to stick with my Minix PC as originally planned.
I've just discovered a hack on the internet that allows the Minix PC to start up automatically on power up, so for the short term will stick with that.

Thanks again guys for all your help on this subject, you've been invaluable in helping me :)

I now just have to finish off the new skin I'm making for the Jukebox so I can get it all up and running. :)

Barcrest

Looking forward to seeing that skin released  :beer

Jukebox Stats...

berrywell

Quote from: Barcrest on March 12, 2017, 11:06:09 AM
Looking forward to seeing that skin released  :beer

I hope to have it fully sorted in the next couple of weeks, it's a case of putting the finishing touches to it now.

sportyone

Hi Guys,
Is there a recommended pc to use for the conversion of these juke-boxes, or is it just a question of one with windows 7 with dual video out card.
thanks

Steve

Mark Norville

Mini atx windows xp/7 dual output is only good if you want to send it to an external monitor.
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

sportyone

Hi Mark,
Yeah I intend to link in to several external monitors, was just going to buy cheap windows 7 dual output pc of ebay, there'll be loads of room in my jukebox cabinet whenever I remove the old sound leisure pc, was just making sure with regard to pc specs that I wouldn't be missing something.

Stephen

Mark Norville

The main thing is the CPU really and memory, but depends upon size of your library, the more you have, the better you want.
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

Barcrest

It runs fine on my tablet pc so you don't need to worry so much about the pc spec nowdays. Dual output is great for the videos it's all i play now.

Jukebox Stats...

SlammerKenya

Hi Not sure how active this discussion is, however i've got a similar diy project going... my issue is the drivers for the fing touch screen, i've upgraded the os so i can get the zytronic support.... still no joy, it detects it and i know it works because if i plug in the old hard disk then i can get it working. I would greatly appreciate any help on this one.

Thanks

Mark Norville

What OS are you upgrading to? It does help to include details.

jukejohn

which version of screen is it
there is the usb version with controller pcb and theres is the older serial type

which type depends on os you can use