News:

Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

E-Bay Listing - A potential DIY project..

Started by berrywell, January 27, 2017, 09:05:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

berrywell

If anybody living in the UK is after a nice little DIY touchscreen project, you may be interested in this E-Bay listing.

It's a Sound Leisure pub jukebox BUT there is no PC inside, basically everything else is in there, screen, amp etc, making it ideal for a DIY project. According to the listing everything works fine on them.
They are up for sale at £150 but there is a 'make offer' button available.
There were 5 available but only 3 remain now.
I will admit I've taken the plunge & purchased one and I hope I've made the correct decision (it's my first ever E-Bay purchase).

E-Bay Listing

BTW, I have NO affiliation with the seller of this product, I've only mentioned it here as it could be of interest to others.

Mark Norville

Shame I did not have the money or the space as I would have brought one myself. A good price really, and not a shabby looking box. Once you get that bad boy set up your skinning will change. You will really want to push the boat out to make it look the best that it can be.

This is your final moment on your journey, young padawan.

Regards

Mark
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

berrywell

Hi Mark,

To be honest, I don't have the space for one either AND I know I will get shouted at, very loudly & most probably for quite a few minutes when it turns up :D lol.

I've been watching eBay for the past 3 years & felt this offer was the right time to take the plunge, well that's my story I'm going to use.... :D

Regards

Tel.

Mark Norville

If this is the only cabinet you have it is literally as best as you can get it. It is not the same just having a PC connected to a touch screen monitor. I love my cabinet and my 32 inch touch screen, but if I had seen that when I first brought my cabinet, then I would have jumped all over this.

I would almost contemplate swapping one of them for something like this, as it looks the business, rather than a hash job,

If she moans, just tell her, I can always get a new woman, however, cabinets are hard to come by.

Regards

Mark
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

Barcrest

That is a great deal... I already have a video surfer in the garage i have done nothing with for ages. I would love one of these but 2 issues... A Wall bracket and would I get killed by the other half LOL. It works out at £215 with delivery which is still pretty good. If I could pick them up i would have had all of them.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

Mark Norville

Will you two man up. God sake I am not afraid of your other halfs, send them to me if they want to have a moan.

Are you men or mice?

Barcrest

Quote from: Mark Norville on January 27, 2017, 12:37:24 PM
Will you two man up. God sake I am not afraid of your other halfs, send them to me if they want to have a moan.

Are you men or mice?

I need to find a new job before shelling out money on something like this. 5 years ago i could have put a pc in those wired up the coin mech and flipped them for £400 to £500 each, now not so much. Don't forget you need to add £50 for a pc to go in there and the cost of an iPac or equivalent to hook up the coin mech. So it might end up being £300 all in then, I doubt I would be able to sell them for any more than that.

Jukebox Stats...

Barcrest

Looking again i can see these don't need a wall bracket they just hang off a couple of bolts in the wall so at least that is one issue taken care of.

Jukebox Stats...

berrywell

yes, this will be my first ever jukebox cabinet, I've been extra patient waiting for the right one to come available or should that say at a price I'm prepared to pay. :D  :-[

At the moment I'm using a touchscreen AIO PC as my main jukebox, which to be honest works fine but the problem is, it just doesn't look the part, I'm hoping this cabinet will.

I was very tempted by the 32" monitor option as there was one available the other day for around 300 pounds but I genuinely don't have the room for one, especially as I'd have to mount it vertically & hiding the PC box would become a major issue for me.

Quote from: Mark Norville on January 27, 2017, 10:24:21 AM
If she moans, just tell her, I can always get a new woman, however, cabinets are hard to come by.

Lol. I know if I said that to her, I would be very much single and most probably wearing the new jukebox cabinet on my head lol   ;D

berrywell

Quote from: Barcrest on January 27, 2017, 12:40:17 PM

I need to find a new job before shelling out money on something like this. 5 years ago i could have put a pc in those wired up the coin mech and flipped them for £400 to £500 each, now not so much. Don't forget you need to add £50 for a pc to go in there and the cost of an iPac or equivalent to hook up the coin mech. So it might end up being £300 all in then, I doubt I would be able to sell them for any more than that.

I did think about this as well, when I first saw them but once looking around eBay, it soon became apparent, it would take a while to sell them at a price to make a profit.

Quote from: Barcrest on January 27, 2017, 12:41:24 PM
Looking again i can see these don't need a wall bracket they just hang off a couple of bolts in the wall so at least that is one issue taken care of.

The write up at the bottom claims they come with a wall bracket.
So the easy part for you is justifying it to the O/H which I know will be a doddle ;D

Mark Norville

It's crap lol few bits of MDF stuck together and they charge that much.

Gaucho

I recognise that skin as well. By the way don't slag it off to much, look under delivery on the right hand side  ;)

(yes I know it's a place in Wales)

Mark Norville

What the new condition? It is just MDF which is cut with a saw. I have someone on my facebook friends list that has spent about £20,000 on CNC machinery. We got talking on youtube as he is a Plymouth lad so local to me. We spoke about these guys, he in turn talked to them. The £695 price is far too high.

MDF £40 if that
Software £50 I think it is
Delivery £60
Computer £100
Time £100

So about £350 and then almost £350 profit for crap. You can buy an arcade machine for about £500 more, which is a better build, and bigger than these Welsh jokers are offering.

I would not even pee on a cabinet like that, it is not even a cabinet really more a box with gubbings in. The chances are it is not even a touch screen monitor, just an overlay hooked onto a old monitor.

I would sooner have a beaten and battered ex pub jukebox any time lol

Regards

Mark