Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

singles skin

Started by jukejohn, March 17, 2017, 02:28:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark Norville

You don't really need a special skin for singles I did see a much better one for that software years ago. All what you really need to do is just find a skin that you like and then just add singles, have that as audio and have nothing for albums or karaoke, can even strip some of the functions out.

I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

berrywell

Yeah, I know you can use pretty much any of the existing skins for this type of music library but John was specifically asking for a skin layout like the one's he posted, unless I've misread his posts.

Gaucho

Old age is making me myopic, are you basically sorting by artist there mark?

Mark Norville

I am not 100% sure what you mean, but if you mean in the video I am doing my albums splitting them into singles and loading them as karaoke files, although you could have them as audio if you do not want albums.

You could do a compilation album in the same way, but you would need it in that folder, which would show more as random songs, or obviously if you are doing single songs each week on release then it will show as various.

I have used the artist image for the singles, the reason why I done this for, was because the albums already have the album cover, the music videos I have a thumbnail from the video, and I really wanted something different for the singles, so I choose the artist thumb.

I am still trying to work things out how I want my collection, on my actual jukebox I have albums, singles and music videos. I am thinking about on the arcade cabinet then I might just have singles.

I am literally getting back up to speed after taking a long break and getting all of the computers back up and running, although they are not 100% but I am back skinning and tagging again.

Hopefully, this is what you was asking about?

Regards

Mark
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

jukejohn

im hoping for a look alike ish of the dwjuke skins but thinking about it you would need
2 track albums to get it to look appear as having A side and B side  label or just do a one track label

what ever you create as a singles only skin will be great to see and a refreshing change  mark  :beer

Mark Norville

John, you already have a singles only skin in all skins.

All that you need to do is not include any albums or music videos. It will only display the singles. You do not need to design a skin just for singles, unless it is something specific such as this.

Regards

Mark

jukejohn

im aware you can use etouch as a singles only still use that option now

I was hoping for a skin designed just for singles
in a singles layout like the pictures I uploaded as a to put  ideas out there

no worries was a big ask ill have to have another go with skin tool someday lol

thanks mark  :beer

Mark Norville

You would need to do a lot of work to get this working in eTouch to be honest.

Skinning it would be reasonably hardish, but it would be a nightmare for tagging as well.

I am taking a break as was taking a weekend off, but been skinning all day, and trying to think if you could actually do something like that on here is blowing my mind.

All that I can think off is having two files in one folder, naming them to match each other.

You might have work arounds somewhere, but it really would be a nightmare.

Regards

Mark

jukejohn

cool mark
thanks for giving it time and thought

was thinking if I could go into skin tool to list albums as one long genre scrolling bar
and change the track selection as a  set of label types and hey presto a singles modified skin   maybe  ???

was a big ask
will try one day with skin tool might get lucky as you say its very time consuming

Barcrest

You just need to create a cov file that doesn't have the images only text and create a backdrop with the title strips graphics on. You could do it to any skin although you would probably want to change other screens to match the style. It would be a quick job with the right images.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

jukejohn

would be cool baz
I have a lot of respect for dwjukebox as im aware you do also and many others on the jukebox scene
as cool as it looks its limited to functions as it was meant to be simple
however if it had extras like genre/search/2nd screen options/ it would be loads better

that's were etouch could take care of this but not only a big ask for someone to do its not for the
younger folk on here either so wouldn't be that popular

berrywell

Quote from: jukejohn on March 18, 2017, 01:58:26 PM
im hoping for a look alike ish of the dwjuke skins but thinking about it you would need
2 track albums to get it to look appear as having A side and B side  label or just do a one track label

what ever you create as a singles only skin will be great to see and a refreshing change  mark  :beer

If you only wanted one track per label (rather than the A and B sides label) then this, as Barry says, could be made fairly easily, the hardest part would be making the actual graphic background.

Mark Norville

You could do both if you put two songs into a folder and labelled them as such. I have not tried this, but this would be a major hassle, tagging and skinning.

You could download a graphic which is easy enough to find https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=jukebox+card+template&espv=2&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjX1-PYtuPSAhXEh5AKHbeSCioQ_AUIBigB&biw=1920&bih=950

You could even possibly be able to use part of the skin from the other software.

Not a project for the faint hearted though.

Million pounds and I will do it for you John ;)

Regards

Mark

jukejohn

haaa cheers mark is monopoly money ok

no fussed berry about A N B sides just thinking out loud

Barcrest

A and B tracks are not supported but a single track would be very easy to do. Sorry berry not looked at your skin as i have a new job now...  :tommy I always hoped this would be my main income but alas it just about covers it's own costs.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...