Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Now playing Screen Pop Ups?

Started by Risim, April 07, 2017, 12:01:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark Norville

No probs, hopefully, this might be a work around for you, I know what you are asking something like an MTV logo which pops up for a while and then disappears.

Barry could make that if he adapts the song fact database to be able to do that, but that would be something for him to mess around with being the programmer.

I am just an alcoholic so I love my jukebox looking as much to a pub style experience as possible.

However, as you are a commercial user, to be able to show adverts such as that, would be great for a pub or a club, but I downloaded those images just out of random, but they need to be adjusted or something to get the best display.

There might be better plug ins for that, but that was just a quick google search and play.

That could be an optional extra for the pub or club, and extra income for you offering bespoke adverts, e.g nick a graphic and just change wording or lettering. You could go revenue share as well, e.g a bar charges a taxi firm £10 a month for an advert you take £5.

Regards

Mark
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

Risim

yeah that exactly what I would like to do.  again I can achieve the effect with an swf in attract mode so why give him more work.  I will try it first the if it doesnt work right or look buggy then I will ask Bas.  Maybe complete the scrolling effect is what needed for a more tablet feel(modern)

Mark Norville

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm to be honest you need to hire a skinner as well as a programmer unless you have something I do not know about.

I cannot say too much as I am still messing with my skin, I will finish one day.

I am not a graphics person, but I have ideas, desire drive.

I know what I want, and I know what is capable of this program.

I have been here two years coming up, and probably since version 7 or 8 wanting to love this, because of Black n Blue I think it is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpbo-SJagQ8&t=11s

However, I look at it now, and it is so outdated I know Tel (Berry) done an update for version 10 but the whole skin looks outdated. I just cannot put my finger on it, but this is what got me here, but every time I see it, it kinds of makes me cringe a bit.

It is like seeing your old school report, the intention is good, but can do better.

I am going to pee Tel off, I know he has the promise, but I keep saying to him think outside of the box. Yet he has thought, inside of the box.

A commercial pub jukebox just plays music and takes money, so why not strip out some of the features from how trendy things were back in the 80's, as an analogy that skinning is back to version 7 or before.

I am OCD when it comes to a lot of things, why I take time off, you will like my skin hopefully, but then that is for a different resolution. However, I still want it better, again I am waffling.

If you had a graphics guru, a skin is easy, you could make it 100 times more professional.

Regards

Mark
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

Risim

Oook, lol.  I have made lots of skins, one of the reason i dont share is exactly that i dont use half of the features that etouch has.  It takes so long to prepare them with the few pages i use.  I dont know how coffee did it.

Anyone can skin im not a grafics guy but i learn alot thru youtube and using other skins buttons. 

Mark Norville

I have said before, and I will say now, and I will say to help Berry (Tel) they were cut and paste guys, with no vision.

Tel has seen Coffee's work and tried to learn from him, he has copied everything including jukebox id to be displayed.

It is ok creating 100 skins, but when 99 skins are black, red, black and red, black and blue, purple and blue where it is the same skin with different colours it is easyish to knock up the same skins.

I am having a bad day so excuse me if my replies or thoughts are catty, but no vision also about naming, well my skin has black n yellow, so hey we shall call it black n yellow.

It is like a certain four letter word for home cinema not Plex, the skins are just copies of copies of copies. Oh go on kodi, the skins are boring, and have been created god knows how many times, yet it has been around for god knows how many years, yet they are copying skins from the first home cinema software that I started using.

eTouch is the best software that I have used, and I have tried a few, Barry is a brummie genius you can make this how you want. I honestly wish I was better at graphics, I will finish this skin off, but when I look at the video I am not happyish.

It is ok, but not professional, more like an amateur trying to look like pro.

Anyway enough waffle, one more beer or bed?

Risim

Wow man you like to talk!!! :beer  I cant imagine you with a couple of beers lol.  jk :P 8)

Barcrest

Feel free to share any skins, if some screens are not done that is fine it is up to people if they then chose to use them. Of course you don't have too share it would just be nice to see some more skins out there.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

berrywell

Quote from: Mark Norville on April 07, 2017, 08:49:02 PM
<cut...>
I have been here two years coming up, and probably since version 7 or 8 wanting to love this, because of Black n Blue I think it is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpbo-SJagQ8&t=11s

However, I look at it now, and it is so outdated I know Tel (Berry) done an update for version 10 but the whole skin looks outdated. I just cannot put my finger on it, but this is what got me here, but every time I see it, it kinds of makes me cringe a bit.

It is like seeing your old school report, the intention is good, but can do better.
<...cut>

I appreciate you feel this skin is outdated but my web hosting statistics show a completely different story.

Since being made available last Autumn, the updated Black and Blue (BnB) V10 skin has been the most popular downloaded skin by an absolute country mile. There isn't a month that goes by without it being downloaded and considering it's only available in the restricted Private Skins section (Lifetime & Commercial Users only) shows that it's still well liked amongst the long term E-Touch users.

The updated Black and Red (BnR) V10 has been no where near as popular but this still has notched up an impressive half century of downloads.

I do realise that a download doesn't necessarily translate into actual usage on a jukebox but I'd be surprised if out of all those downloads, that's it's not being used on someone's updated V10 jukebox.

Mark Norville

Relax, that is just my view. It was the skin that got me into all of this, but when I played with it, I personally did not like it as much as I thought that I would. It is practical but since then so many modern design jukeboxes have happened, which always push the bar upwards.

If anything as I have said before, this really should have been the main free design, it would attract more buyers probably than touchgenie, however, if they did have this skin for free, would it cause them to upgrade for other skins?

Regards

Mark

Risim

Ok I have been playing with attract feature. And its a bit more work on our side but you can achieve the effect desired.  now one quick question.... what is now playing adverts? .....can I put swfs here and etouch will only pick those while a song is playing?

Barcrest

I think Goucho has the attract mode all working.

Jukebox Stats...

Risim

Quote from: Barcrest on April 19, 2017, 02:35:52 PM

Lol.... So you dont know?

Barcrest

Quote from: Risim on April 20, 2017, 12:29:06 AM
Quote from: Barcrest on April 19, 2017, 02:35:52 PM

Lol.... So you dont know?

I don't remember, it was an option that I was requested to add and without looking at the code I couldn't say.

Jukebox Stats...

Mark Norville

You should have been a politician, that means NO lol