Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

E-Touch Update..

Started by Barcrest, October 09, 2020, 10:18:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barcrest

Ok a quick update. I have not been on this for pretty much 12 months and some may consider the project dead. It isn't dead but things have changed at home and even more so with the current situation that I have now been able to do as much as i would like. I will be making a release this month that I am hoping fixes up some issues. My DEV machine is not set up at a desk like it once was so it is harder for me to sit down and spend hours trying to replicate a bug and find a fix. A lot of the bugs we have now are the kind that are not as simple as me making a typo or missing something obvious, they tend to be either machine or set up specific or out of my control like youtube breaking my search. I am hoping that the next release will fix some of the reported issues and thought I would give you an update.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

Mark Norville

Real life always comes first Barry, worry about you and your family's health first.
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

Barcrest

Thing is that truth be told this was always a niche market and that market has gone. Most people just set up a youtube play list or use one of the many streaming service. I am keeping a dinosaur alive here and it hit the point probably a year or so back that it actually costs to keep the site up and up running. I am not making anything any longer.... The site is like an old run down shack that is now beyond repair but we have a few regulars and so it stay open. I am not sure how long we have left on the hosting but I will be making one more run of beta releases and then a final release to hopefully resolve the main outstanding issues. I can't gaurentee I will be able to fix the youtube issue and to be fair that was probably the thing I personally used the most as I have not updated my music library in a couple of years.

Let's see how we get on with the final run. One thing I would like to say is I have really enjoyed it. All you guys on here have given me lots of fun and some of you are even on my Facebook. I really hope you have all enjoyed the ride as much as I have because that is all it was ever about. Having fun with like minded folks.

Jukebox Stats...

netcat

It has been an honor and privilege to have been involved.

Mark Norville

I would not give up 100% just yet, you have other jukebox software that is still doing well, and really you are the best software out there.

1) Find cheaper hosting, hosting is not that expensive especially just for a forum and website
2) Update the website give it a more modern look and do more SEO
3) Set up a faceyawn account and other social media such as youtube
4) Update the free skins included, I never did like the bundled skin

You have had four or five sales this year when you was going to pack it all in last year, one sale should pay for the hosting (for the year). You should have no other expenses after that, well apart from the domain name, but with hosting packages that is included. After all of that it should be pure profit.

The branding is confusing along with the domain name Etouch Jukebox should be the new domain name, freeboxjukebox is just double dutch it is not free and whom searches for freebox?

You are not even top 10 for SEO on a google search for jukebox software, which is why sales are down. You have two other sites top one and two and if you are not in the top 10 then you are not going to get anywhere.

I told you this years ago, but sadly you did not do anything, otherwise you would have made a lot more sales. You could have stopped those sites from being one and two if you had of changed.

As I have told people that have been interested in purchasing, this is a rough diamond and is better than the more polished pieces of coal out there (ok never used those words actually) but similar ones.

A top graphics expert and Tel building a skin and you have a new default skin. You can find people on Fivver who could do graphics that would knock this out of the ball park.

A new website with reviews that are SEO enriched means you climb up the search engines, especially with back links to the site.

You are already on the emulation scene, a lot of free advertising in sites like those, as you have a lot of people with old tech, especially touch screen monitors that want a jukebox.

Speaking of emulation, I just brought two 1 TB SSD's on Prime Day and just got an 8TB hard drive delivered today, so am getting my arcade machine up and running now. The other 1TB is for my cinema PC.

I shall recyle the replaced SSD's for my jukebox and TV server once I get that sorted out.

Regards

Mark
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

Risim

Just dont forget about us commercial users.  Even thou bars in my contry have been closed since march if everything gets back to normal we have a few more yrs left.  Thank You for everything

Barcrest

Quote from: Risim on November 07, 2020, 03:22:15 PM
Just dont forget about us commercial users.  Even thou bars in my contry have been closed since march if everything gets back to normal we have a few more yrs left.  Thank You for everything

Bars have been closed for a long while here, no sign of them opening any time soon. Still, i am still here and have managed to clone the drive to a new drive and recovered the data so we are good to go.  :beer

Jukebox Stats...

Mo Ralston

I agree with Mark's comments, please don't give up. I researched a lot of software before I found yours and this is by far the best. There are a lot of home collectors that have old jukeboxes that we can not get parts for any longer. (I am one of those). I converted my old jukebox to a digital touch screen running your software and I love it!

There are a lot of the commercial digital jukeboxes out there that private owners can not have because of the way they are set up to require an operators license (at least here in the US). I can pick up these machines cheap because the secondary market has been killed due to the way these are licensed. It is a very easy swap to drop in a mini PC running E-Touch and you can use the existing touch screen and amplifier. Now you have a nice commercial quality jukebox for a relatively low investment.

I am old school, I collect coin-op machines and i prefer the sound quality coming out of a jukebox vs streaming music.

One additional thought, maybe you could set up a couple of people to be assistant Admins to help you manage the website and forum and you can focus on the coding side???

Quote from: Mark Norville on October 16, 2020, 01:07:28 PM
I would not give up 100% just yet, you have other jukebox software that is still doing well, and really you are the best software out there.

1) Find cheaper hosting, hosting is not that expensive especially just for a forum and website
2) Update the website give it a more modern look and do more SEO
3) Set up a faceyawn account and other social media such as youtube
4) Update the free skins included, I never did like the bundled skin

You have had four or five sales this year when you was going to pack it all in last year, one sale should pay for the hosting (for the year). You should have no other expenses after that, well apart from the domain name, but with hosting packages that is included. After all of that it should be pure profit.

The branding is confusing along with the domain name Etouch Jukebox should be the new domain name, freeboxjukebox is just double dutch it is not free and whom searches for freebox?

You are not even top 10 for SEO on a google search for jukebox software, which is why sales are down. You have two other sites top one and two and if you are not in the top 10 then you are not going to get anywhere.

I told you this years ago, but sadly you did not do anything, otherwise you would have made a lot more sales. You could have stopped those sites from being one and two if you had of changed.

As I have told people that have been interested in purchasing, this is a rough diamond and is better than the more polished pieces of coal out there (ok never used those words actually) but similar ones.

A top graphics expert and Tel building a skin and you have a new default skin. You can find people on Fivver who could do graphics that would knock this out of the ball park.

A new website with reviews that are SEO enriched means you climb up the search engines, especially with back links to the site.

You are already on the emulation scene, a lot of free advertising in sites like those, as you have a lot of people with old tech, especially touch screen monitors that want a jukebox.

Speaking of emulation, I just brought two 1 TB SSD's on Prime Day and just got an 8TB hard drive delivered today, so am getting my arcade machine up and running now. The other 1TB is for my cinema PC.

I shall recyle the replaced SSD's for my jukebox and TV server once I get that sorted out.

Regards

Mark

Barcrest

We are still plodding along as you can see in the beta section.  :beer

Jukebox Stats...