Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Config6-Alpha

Started by spudgunman, May 14, 2008, 10:52:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kizer

Quote from: Barcrest on June 07, 2008, 06:54:39 PM
XP has it's own defragging tool.

Yes it does, but it sucks. Defraggler lets you defrag the files you want not what it says you need to. I can defrag my 500gig drive in seconds opposed to an hour.
I'm not around 100% so please feel free to PM if you need direct help. Trust me I'm not ignoring you in a post. ;)

Barcrest

Fair enough dude.. I was just pointing it out in case you didn't know about it. To be honest i don't really bothe rdefraggin cause i'm a lazy ass. That is also why my dis access times are getting so bad i would have thought LOL
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

kizer

Yeah sorry if I come across like an ass it wasn't meant to be. Xp's version is actually an adopted version of Diskeeper, but dumbed down some. It works very well compaired to the older versions, but having a little 1ghz machine and other old hardware I find that by defragging now and then really helps. I dump a few albums I defrag as well I defrag the OS drive since Freebox writes now and then and of course the OS has to do its thing. ;)
I'm not around 100% so please feel free to PM if you need direct help. Trust me I'm not ignoring you in a post. ;)

Barcrest

No i agree it's a good thing and a nice tip for a little speed bosst if the music drive is larged and heavilly fragged it is worth doing. I'm just lazy but i really do need to do it on music drive. I might set it running when i leave for work tomorrow...

Jukebox Stats...

squirrellydw

Is there away to have FB just show all the artists and then you pick one and then it shows all the albums you have for that artist?  Just thought that might make it easier to go through the library.  Any chance the new config will be able to do this?
Graphic creator of the original BnB, BnR, BnO and BnG Skin
Coffee is the man now

eist1

squirrley,

Freebox already does this, just filter on the artist, and all of the albums from just that artist will show up in the albums page.....

squirrellydw

really, I need to play with this more  thanks
Coffee is the man now

eist1

Yep, just make sure when generating your library you have the box checked "Generate Artist Libraries" We all know your wife is the #1 user of the jukebox, so you may want to ask her how it works  ;D

Barcrest

Quote from: eist1 on June 17, 2008, 04:37:33 AM
Yep, just make sure when generating your library you have the box checked "Generate Artist Libraries" We all know your wife is the #1 user of the jukebox, so you may want to ask her how it works  ;D

:D

Jukebox Stats...

squirrellydw

Quote from: eist1 on June 17, 2008, 04:37:33 AM

oh, you are so funny  ;D  but it is true  :chad
Coffee is the man now

James77

Hi,
I can get Config6 to load up my files.  I then export to Config 5 Legacy (Using 4.0.6).  When I load Freebox the covers show up, but not the tracks. 

I cannot get the tracks to load just using Config 5 either ( they will not load at all, at least with config 6 export I get the album covers). 

FYI I am using .wav files tagged with the old beta tagger.

Thanks

squirrellydw

Just install tinyxp and the latest beta and when I tried to run config5 it says I am missing MSSTDFMT.DLL any idea what this file is?

I get the same thing for config6
Coffee is the man now

netcat

Yes (I ran into the same problem) TinyXP is missing some of the necessary DLLs and proper registration.

Download and run THIS:

http://www.ascentive.com/support/new/libraryfiles.exe

it will fix the problem

squirrellydw

thanks it worked, might wanna post this under the tinyxp section
Coffee is the man now

squirrellydw

config 6 suggestion......

Is there away to have the config move the files it finds with bad or incorrect tags?  I am going through my music now and I have it ask me what to do if it finds something wrong.  I think it would be really great if it could run through your whole library and when it finds something wrong it automatically moves the files over, copying the same folders you have.  So then you have an idea of what they were, then you could use a program like tag and rename to tag the correctly.   What do you think??
Coffee is the man now