Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Config6-Alpha

Started by spudgunman, May 14, 2008, 10:52:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barcrest

Excellent, look forward to playing with this some more myself. It's 4:00am here so i think i will have to play tomorrow... Good Job everybody.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

kizer

Nifty little app. I did a run on 5 or 6 albums with the following settings.
Audio
Name Swap
Skip files with No Artist or Track data
Alert on Track Import Problems
Erase Library First
Use the following .JPG file "cover.jpg"

Error Log generated this code.
6/4/2008 11:09:23 AM: Error in Config6.DBGenerate, A Commit or RollBack is expected first ErrNum:-2147221504, Line 45 :app.version:607

I am on a large domain playing with this so I don't know if the above mentioned error is caused by that.

Only feature I think would be cool is if it can give you a thumb nail of the album cover when you click on the + to look at all of the albums. It would make quick scan of all the album covers missing. Then again I guess reading the error log would do the same thing.  :chad
I'm not around 100% so please feel free to PM if you need direct help. Trust me I'm not ignoring you in a post. ;)

spudgunman

yea puts un needed slowness on the application i tested that (the icon for the tree view)

attempted to fix that error, new version posted today.

spudgunman

version 6.0.72 posted, this fixes some problems with thumbnail creation on the fly (this might speed things up but until the new version of FBJB no notice, just need bug testing)

remember that the new 6.0.7+ will export to config5 so that you can use this new version with your current jukebox

spudgunman

new copy up fixed some bugs that rolled in, hows the testing going the app working better then expected?

Barcrest

I'm really looking forward to playing with this. Hopefully i'll have feedback for you later.

Jukebox Stats...

spudgunman

download it again, fixed a few problems as well as the sort order we were chatting about.

the current file I just imported all my music for the wedding into 4.0.4 and 100% working as expected (as far as the basic import and functionality with legacy database format)

squirrellydw

I hope to play with this this weekend.  I am going to try and reformat my PC, install tinyxp, then install the latest version of freebox and use this new config.  Does the new config support videos and karoke yet?
Graphic creator of the original BnB, BnR, BnO and BnG Skin
Coffee is the man now

spudgunman

should, i just have one cdg file and a few mpg's for testing but should work

Cary_B

Quote from: squirrellydw on June 05, 2008, 09:20:05 PM
I hope to play with this this weekend.  I am going to try and reformat my PC, install tinyxp, then install the latest version of freebox and use this new config.  Does the new config support videos and karoke yet?

I intend to do the same.  Before I start, what do I need to install besides TinyXP, and the Freebox software? Latest media player, codecs, etc.  I assume the drivers for the motherboard, video and audio card, and what about updates?

The recommended settings topic is a little dated.  I think we need a new one.

Barcrest

As long as you have XP, Madia Player 11, K-Lite Codec Pack, Included Karaoke CODEC and Freebox V4 you should be good to go. Any other updates you wish to put on are up to you.

Jukebox Stats...

squirrellydw

installed it on my laptop with out any problems, now for the jukebox
Graphic creator of the original BnB, BnR, BnO and BnG Skin
Coffee is the man now

kizer

Heck I just installed:
TinyXP
Video card drivers
Network card drivers
All my tunes
Freebox

Seems to work fine playing music. I might of updated my media player, but I don't remember. ;)

Oh yeah I aswell installed defraggler, which is a free Defragger because I like to keep it clean so it runs smooth.
I'm not around 100% so please feel free to PM if you need direct help. Trust me I'm not ignoring you in a post. ;)

Barcrest

XP has it's own defragging tool.

Jukebox Stats...

eist1

Spud,

Another nice addition to Config6 would be the option to rip a CD to the Music Library. WMP could be used as the ripper, as I know the command line option is wmplayer /Task CDAudio but this only opens the Rip window, so the options would still need to be set in WMP to point to the correct library unless someone knows additional flags to preconfigure that. Also Im sure there are command line rippers out there that Config6 could send the commands to, but I don't know of a good command line ripper for windows, as I see many for Linux. If someone knows of a good freeware (Lame...) command line cd ripper, let us know. Then in the Config6 app the destination and other settings (bitrate, etc) could be set to send these to the command line. This functionality has been asked many times to Barry, but as Barry has stated that isn't a Jukebox function, but I think it would fit in nicely with the Config6 program. And in the future a link to the Config program could be added to the Options screen, and can be run from inside FJB. Just an idea but would be a nice addition. Great work so far.