Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Zipped mp3+g

Started by netcat, March 24, 2007, 03:06:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

netcat

I recently came across i shiznitload of Zipped MP3+G files (and I mean a shiznit load) about 200 Gb of professional karaoke files oranized & zipped.

through testing I have realized that this is actually very efficient way of storing these files about 33% smaller by zipping.

most dedicated karaoke software is abe to handle zip files directly so it appears to be a popular archivak system, I would like to propose direct ZIP file support built into freebox, I am mentioning it because the more support I get from the freebox community the hiher the likelihood Barry will be willing to implement this feature.

can I get somebody to second the motion ?

Thanks.

Netcat

Barcrest

Have you tried an application called zip folders? It makes windows treat zips as folders, that might work.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

coffee

Hi Netcat

I will second the motion if it helps to save space and it works correctly.
Do you still have the Play Now problem with the mp3+g karoake files?            ???

Coffee

jonfinpausa

wow 33% lighter in weight N space.I like the idea but I wonder what kind of load the extra work will place on the freebox program.Barry could most likely answer that question.Will the extra load require more computer processor and memory.Well hard drive space is currently cheap to purchase, Im not sure if the trade off in software performance would be worth it.What do you think Barry ?

squirrellydw

I go for it but I have no need for it since I don't have any zip files.  Can I ask where you found these?
Graphic creator of the original BnB, BnR, BnO and BnG Skin
Coffee is the man now

netcat

OK to answer everybody's questions

WIndows XP has the ability to read directly inside of Zip files but if you try to play thru media player it loads the video and not the audio, furthermore the COnfig application used to created the music libraries for Freebox does not make use of this function, I was actually looking for a third party app to do this as I remember it could be done thru WIn 98 and Win 2000 with third party app, I will try it and tell you

Yes I do have the PLAY NOW issue with my Karaoke files, I had mentioned it to Barry, but I thought I was the only one with that problem (it is good to know I am not crazy)

Yes I agree there would definetly by a several second lag for dedcompression, however if Barry could create a "Read ahead" que that could decompress and store next music/Video/Karaoke track until its turn comes up, that would resolve the issue (I believe)

(squirrellydw) I am not in liberty to reveal what, where, who or how. but if you visit my website www.780tech.com I think there is a link to contact me thru there.

Regards.

Netcat

Barcrest

Coffee, do you have the play now problem with karaoke files too????

Jukebox Stats...

coffee

Hi Barcrest

I'm busy checking it. I'll let you know what's happening. I only started playing with it yesterday.

kizer

Personally I have a 250gig drive which are my Jukebox files and a 160gig backup drive that is a mirror of my Jukebox files.

Is adding zip support to Freebox going to add more processor load? If so I personally am not in support of it, but thats just my humble opinion unless of course its a setting that can be enabled and disabled.
I'm not around 100% so please feel free to PM if you need direct help. Trust me I'm not ignoring you in a post. ;)

Barcrest

it will only be slower if you are using zip files. i am looking into the best way of doing this now. I am also trying to create some test files... anyone know of an easy way to zip up the mp3 and cdg file...

Jukebox Stats...

jonfinpausa

hye netcat how goes ? IM back !!!! LOL

sorry I was away doing the academy thing for a bit.I was checking out your jukebox cabinet pretty cool man.I should be done with my harley cab and get some pictures up by the end of the week.

Jon

netcat

Thanks for the compliments on my cabinet.

Barcrest I can provide as any test samples as you like, just drop me a line and I will set something up for u.

jonfinpausa

I cant get the karoke to work, I build the library and thats ok but when I select Karoke and the pick the album and then the song I want, I get no words on the screen just all music.. what i doing wrong ??

???
Fish

eist1

Barcrest,

Found this info on the Karaoke for DirectX website (which looks like this is what is being used)

http://karaoke-dx.sourceforge.net/

CD+G Karaoke
Support for .bin and .cdg files in Windwos Media Player
Support a number formats of sound tracks: mp3+g, wma+g, wav+g
Support for zipped cdg+mp3 files
Shell extensions - integration with MS Windows Explorer

It says that it supports zipped cdg+mp3, was wondering how hard it would be to have the config find the .zip files? Tried it with both the .cdg and .mp3 zipped, but doesn't find the .zip files, must be looking for the .mp3. Thanks

Barcrest

It needs to read the MP3 for the tag information... Zipped support will not be added any time soon.

Jukebox Stats...