Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Bartop Jukebox Project

Started by eist1, July 22, 2008, 04:04:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rob_Hendley

Right I get it - thanks.

This is my build a week or so ago (i have now added angled, polished aluminium round the edges and a touch screen)

You see my predicament is that the top part above the screen (with the three holes in) were going to be the front left, right and centre speakers of a 5.1 setup.  However, it now transpires that I will be unable to upmix the mp3 stereo sound to 5.1, so I will put the left and right speakers at the bottom behind the silver cloth and revamp the top bit.

Option 1: Have some kind of chrome and marble decoration with the jukebox name

Option 2: Have an LED screen inset with a black surround and clear perspex bending around the sides and across the front (similar to yours, but curved at the edges)

Option 3: Perspex over black as per option 2, but instead have a small (6 or 7 inch) screen in the centre for visualisations or videos and one of those round neon static things either side.

Any ideas would be very much welcome

Cheers
Rob

eist1

I think an LED screen would look really good on top (would look like a marquee) It might be better to move the speakers down to the bottom anyway, as having the speakers that close for 5.1 left, right and center probably wouldn't have given you the 5.1 sound, as it would always sound like it was coming from the center. Nice job on the cabinet, I would imagine you also have a sub woofer in the bottom too. I am using a 300 Watt Car Amplifier powered by my PC power supply and 2 Kicker Speakers installed on the sides, and it really gets loud... Let me know if you have any other questions.