Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Bartop Jukebox Project

Started by eist1, July 22, 2008, 04:04:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

eist1

Well here's a picture of the bartop touchscreen game/jukebox I just finished. I used a kit for the case, and have a 200 Watt car amp inside (powered by a 600 watt PC power supply), and using 6" Kicker 65 Watt RMS speakers that put out very nice bass for a 6" speaker. I also used some of the things I had laying around like the LCD Display and the Powermate spinner, which I have configured to use to page through the album pages, volume, and also configured it for a click to use the esc key to get out of any Mame touchscreen games. Just getting everything loaded on it (Music, Videos and Karaoke), but it is working very nicely, I am almost considering making it a bartop arcade box too, by adding a joystick and some buttons to get full use out of it. But I can wait on that for now.

squirrellydw

mmmm, give me an idea.  I like it, what size screen is that?
Graphic creator of the original BnB, BnR, BnO and BnG Skin
Coffee is the man now

eist1

It's a 15" ELO that I got off of EBay, fits very nicely...

Barcrest

Looks nice dude, i don't think i would add a joy stick personally but that's just me. Loooks pretty slick i like the way you used the LED like a marquee.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

squirrellydw

how is he 15" screen for the games, I was thinking I wanted a 17" but now considering a 15
Coffee is the man now

Barcrest

I only have a 15" and it works fine with the games.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

eist1

The 15" works fine, haven't hade a chance to play much yet, but in testing it looks like it will work well.

squirrellydw

nice, I just thought it might be a bit small but guess not.  What res are you running it at?
Coffee is the man now

Orc

That looks very nice indeed.....

eist1

Thanks guys, I'm running it at 1024x768, the only thing that is a little hard to hit is the start button in the bottom left corner, but other than that evetything is great.

d78

Does the 600w power supply both the PC and the car amp, or do you have two power supplies in there?

Awesome work dude!!

eist1

I have the 600 Watt Power Supply powering everything (other than the monitor) so the PC, amp and LCD display. Powers it up without any issues.

netcat

Nice idea. to use the PC power amp and a car Amplifier, does it power your chinesse LED sign as well ?

eist1

Yes, it powers everything other than the monitor. I think you mentioned you were doing the same thing aren't you?

kizer

If you require a Joystick and buttons I'd make a seperate mini box I guess with a USB plug so you can connect it and unconnect it when not used.

I guess we'd call it a detachable unit. Hahaha... I've seen a few mini's like that that more or less ruined the look adding additional buttons and a joystick when they could of just added a plugin on the side and a custom built control box.

With my Jukebox, which looks like crap someday I'll add other features or I'll just build a second one with a removeable control panel. Man wood and PCs are easy to find/salvage, but those touch screen Monitors are a biatch to find reasonable.
I'm not around 100% so please feel free to PM if you need direct help. Trust me I'm not ignoring you in a post. ;)