Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Bartop Jukebox Project

Started by eist1, July 22, 2008, 04:04:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

netcat

Yes indeed.

as shown here

Forgive the sarcasm.... I do tend to be a bit of an ass hole (as my wife constantly remonds me)

I am also powering, Touchscreen circuit, LED Screen, Car amplifier, Wireless Mics and anything else that will work with +5V DC or +12V DC without interferring with the sound quality.

in conversations with other people it would appear I was not the "inovator" of this concept as I originally thought.

The real of this concept is that when the ATX motherboard sends the "shutdown" siognal to the power supply EVERYTHING shuts down simultaneously. (Except my monitor which goes into "power Saving" mode)

Orc

I'd change teh Optipac to an I-Pac if I was you....

;D

eist1

Well I went ahead and updated the bartop with arcade controls (Trackball (Blue Glowing), spinner, joystick and buttons, and a control panel overlay). It now allows me to get much more use out of it. Touchscreen jukebox, MAME and Pinball, plus I just installed Hyper Bowling http://www.ecievents.net/Inter&inf/Hyperbowling_VR.htm which is really cool with the trackball. Let me know what you think

Woody

shane70

Where can I get a LED sign like that?

Thanks
-Shane

sanbagger11

Hi new to this forum. How did you get the lcd to show the name of songs.
Thanks

Bondy

Shane v70 i think that's a betabrite just search for betabrite in google and if you live in the us you will find them easy enough as for getting them in the uk im not so sure

Sanbagger11 there is a setting in Freebox to set up a betabrite if you ask fordman nice enough he might put up a tutorial on how to do it
What Dont Kill Me Only Makes Me Stronger ..... !!

fordman

I'll do the tutorial, but I'd like to know how he got the band name and song on the same page. I think he may have one of those chinese knock off signs.  ???  ???

Fordman

Bondy

I did wonder that myself Fordman i have been looking tonight online but i havnt spotted 1 quite like that as of yet hmmmm interesting
What Dont Kill Me Only Makes Me Stronger ..... !!

fordman

Quote from: Bondy on September 17, 2009, 09:55:33 PM
Shane v70 i think that's a betabrite just search for betabrite in google and if you live in the us you will find them easy enough as for getting them in the uk im not so sure

Sanbagger11 there is a setting in Freebox to set up a betabrite if you ask fordman nice enough he might put up a tutorial on how to do it

Tutorial is Done!

http://www.freeboxjukebox.com/Forum/index.php?topic=1719.msg14492#msg14492

:beer

Fordman

Barcrest

it's a 2 line beta brite like the one i have. Mine no longer works.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

Rob_Hendley

Is the LED screen behind some kind of tinted glass or plastic? 

fordman

From the pics, you really cant tell, but I dont think you would need it to be behind glass or anything. My betabrite seems to have a pretty rigid screen that would probably take a small knock or two.

I'm in the process of building another juke with a betabrite embedded into the 'box itself and I wasnt planning on putting any kind of covering over the betabrite.

:beer

Fordman

Rob_Hendley

Oh, so the betabrite spans the whole box?  Essentially the width of the betabrite has dictated the width of the whole constructions?

It looked to me like the betabrite was just the central LED section.  I didn't know they were that wide.

eist1

The Betabrite is almost the whole width there is about 1" on both sides. I ordered this kit from Mameroom Designs http://www.mameroom.com/ProductDetail.asp?ID=UAIIBARTOP but I had them customize it so it didn't have all of the arcade holes drilled (I did that myself) and I also had them customize the monitor area, as I used a 15" ELO touchscreen, which fit into the countersunk section just perfectly. There is clear plastic in front of the LED screen, as the kit comes with a clear piece to use over the top of a Marquee, but instead of putting a Marquee graphic in I put the LED in place of it, I also used some black construction paper over the top of it to cover up the edges and the 1" area on the sides, then put the clear plastic over it. Let me know if you have any other questions.