Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

V5 Demo Released

Started by Barcrest, March 12, 2009, 12:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

newman25

Thanks Kizer!

So, any suggestions on where to get some fan art?

kizer

I have some and I planned on throwing it up. I just haven't done it yet, but I will I promise. I more or less got it from here and there and I'll see if I can find a good source so I can share.

I think there was some talk about having a depository so we can all share, but that hasnt' really been developed. I have no problem hosting that as well to spread the love some.
I'm not around 100% so please feel free to PM if you need direct help. Trust me I'm not ignoring you in a post. ;)

Barcrest

you can grab it doing an image search on google and selecting the size as large or wallpaper. I grabbed a few that way.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

kizer

Ok, here is some images. ;)
http://www.iamkizer.net/freeboxjukebox/FanArt/

I plan on adding more and releasing them in packs so you don't have to download them one by one. Please do not hot link to the images for other purposes.

If anybody has some that I don't have listed please double check to make sure before sending them and feel free to email me at share.fanart@gmail.com Please use the subject of: FanArt or something so I know its not spam.
I will not be answering emails for request of images, but I may send back a quick thank you for any images sent.

Currently most of the fan art is 1280x720 because its primarily formatted for a wide screen tv, but I'm sure it will work fine for us. Please no bad images because it just means I have to delete them and waste my time.

I'm thinking it would be best to start a thread in General Discussion thread so this is easy to find and others can do image requests so we can get a large collection going for everybody to use. Here you go.
http://www.freeboxjukebox.com/Forum/index.php?topic=1326
I'm not around 100% so please feel free to PM if you need direct help. Trust me I'm not ignoring you in a post. ;)

Cary_B

Playing around with the fan art, and I just thought of something.  (Ignore it if it is too hard!) 

How about if you have more than one picture of a band, you could name them: BAND 01.jpg, BAND 02.jpg, etc.

EX:

Rush 01.jpg
Rush 02.jpg
Rush 03.jpg

Then, when the coverart is shown, it picks a random one to display.

Again, probably too hard to code, but I thought that I would throw it out there.

kizer

I'm guessing you could have it look in
Fanart/
Rush/
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg

Meaning look in the Fanart folder for Rush. If found show anything. If nothing then black background.

Of course I have zero clue how it all works myself. I'm just happy as punch to have it working now. ;)

Barcrest

This isn't to hard to add... i would probably do it like kizer suggested.

Jukebox Stats...

GMac

Would it be possible to provide a config option to specify the user config folders locations like Fanart, Attract, Skins, Playlists etc

That way we can kick them out of the program files folder and when there is a software upgrade there is no danger of deleting.  Of course there is the added benefit that user is not messing around in the program files directory then.

newman25

I agree with GMac... This would be very handy.  Have a install directory for the program, etc and a user configurable "data directory" for everything else....

i.e.
Install dir: "c:\program files\e-touch"
c:\program files\e-touch\*.exe, *.ini, associated application files, etc

Data dir: "f:\jukebox"
f:\jukebox\music
              \fanart
              \skins, etc

Quote from: GMac on March 15, 2009, 06:19:06 PM
Would it be possible to provide a config option to specify the user config folders locations like Fanart, Attract, Skins, Playlists etc

netcat

Im not sure I agree entirely

how bout a DEFAULT set to C:\PROGRAM FILES\E-TOUCH\FANART

and the option in config to change it (for those less savy at saving their directory structure) ?

newman25

Basically the same idea... the default could reside in the main structure but give the ability to set it elsewhere.

TeamTEOR

Quote from: Barcrest on March 12, 2009, 07:39:15 PM
Quote from: TeamTEOR on March 12, 2009, 07:23:13 PM
Nice to see a new version out buddy. I am testing it now.

The original config went fine, but as I am going back an re-running the config program I am getting errors.
I went back into the config to tell it to generate the image thumbnails, and it completes the first step fine, but on the second step I get this following error: "Run-time error "75": Path/File access error", then it closes out the config program.

Yeah you wouldn't think we had been beta testing this for almost a year would you? So does the config load up? Is it just the thumbnail generation that is falling over? It might be the filename you have specified for the thumbnail that is invalid have you tried changing that. I use coversmall.jpg which i think i have set up as the default.

Barry, Sorry, with the wife in the hospital this week I didn't get to do more testing, tomorrow I'll do more to see if I can answer you better about that bug. I will say this, even with not selecting any of the check boxes in the config if I try to generate the database it does not go beyond the first step any more. Changing the names of those two files didn't help much. I used folder.jpg as the original file name, and thumbnail.jpg as the second name. Now one thing I am thinking of is that this could be a Vista issue (as I am testing this on my laptop and running Vista Home Premium 32 bit SP1). Maybe Vista's permissions are keeping the config program from running, even though I am logged into an account that is set as a Vista Admin. Is there a way to get the config program to output a text file explaining the problem for debugging purposes?

BTW, I know that I am already a lifetime supporter, but I just sent ya an extra lifetime donation to help support you and all the great work. My mother is asking me to build her a small jukebox after seeing the way my V4 worked, now I won't have second thoughts about using it on a machine for her.

One last thing, I love that fan art idea. SWEET! Maybe it can rotate the artist pics as the music is playing.
Tom

James77

Just noticed that when you select a song from the top 10 and go back to the screen, the selection is sort of blocked with lines.  Anybody else notice that?

Thanks

Barcrest

Not seen that, try the latest V5 and let me know.

Jukebox Stats...

James77

Barry,
Still happens in .01 version.  It looks like the album name and track etc.. is highlighted after you select a song from the top 10, do play it now, then go back to the top 10 screen.

Thanks