Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Back in Black and Blue Skin :)

Started by squirrellydw, November 11, 2007, 01:17:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

squirrellydw

eist1... or anyone else that knows.  I have the buttons and working on the album art frame and the background is going to be all black for now.
What other graphics do I need?   
Should the background include the album art frame on it, as in already laid out? 
The buttons get added in the skintool part right? 
I need different sizes of the album art frame for the different pages right?  So many questions.

I need suggestions, should I have the track name text just in white on the black background like the one example I posted or should I have it on a blue line or outlined in blue like the other example I posted?  I will make some example this weekend but just want to get ideas.
Graphic creator of the original BnB, BnR, BnO and BnG Skin
Coffee is the man now

squirrellydw

new album frame
Coffee is the man now

eist1

squirrelly,

For the Now Playing Screen and the Track Listing backgorunds, you shoud put the Album Frame on them where you want to have the album art. You do the fitting of the image with the Album Frame in the skin tool. So how it looks on the background image will be how it looks in the skin, you may need different sized Album Frames for each background, depending on how you want it to look. And yes the buttons get added in the skin individually. As for the Tracklisting page, to make it touchscreen friendly, I like to make the Tracklistings look like buttons, so all you need to do is create long rectangles on the background image (next to the Album Frame) and you need to know how many tracks you want per page, beacuse that's how many rectangles you'll need to put on the background image. Just make sure you know where the buttons for More Up and Down will go. Here is how I did it on the small touchscreen skin I did (which I had 9 songs per page, so I added 9 rectangles) On yours just the blue outline with the black would make a nice rectangle or a blue with white lettering:

Let me know if you need anymore info, should turn out nice, you'll have to let me know how you're doing the graphics, I need to start working on that. Thanks.

squirrellydw

thanks, I hope to have most of it done by next weekend.  I am now using photoshop to do the graphics.  I friend of my wife I just learned is a graphic designer.  So he is helping me.  When he sends me the files I look to see how he made them, that is the best way for me to learn.  I will probably be working on two skins so I hope you can do both.  One will have the first button I posted and the second will probably have a modified version of the second button.  Also if someone would want the blue glow in another color that is easy to change.
Coffee is the man now

squirrellydw

OK, I think I have most of the graphics done.  I have one last request for you all.   I am still going to make two skins or have Eist1 make them for me.  One is going to use the blue button the other will use one of these, what one do you like better?

Also for the box surrounding the track name text what one do you think will be better?

I am leaning toward the first one for both
Coffee is the man now

eist1

squirrelly,

Just an FYI about the buttons. Make sure that the background of the button is a different color than the button itself. Like with the buttons you have posted, the background (behind the button, the square area) is black, and the center of the button is also black. For the transparency to work in the skin tool, it uses the pixel in the top left corner to know what color to make transparent, so the way it is now the backgound will be transparent, but also the black in the center. You can make it any color, bright green or any color not being used.

squirrellydw

Well, I just relized I uploaded the photoshop files so you may not be able to see them.  I will change this when I get home.

Eist..... Does it have to be this way??  What if I don't use transparency in the tool, or do you have to?  I have found that transparency doesn't always look right as in it can look pixelated.  like this
Coffee is the man now

eist1

Yes, the background of the button needs to be a different color than the button itself. The skin tool can't use .gif transparent images, it does it's own transparency using the first pixel color in the top left corner of the image, then makes everything in the button image transparent that is that color. Let me know if you need anymore info.

squirrellydw

grrr..... I wish I knew this before  :(  This is just for the buttons that all usually on the left hand side correct?  The main album page or anything else doesn't have to be like this right?

Thanks, I have more work to do now
Coffee is the man now

squirrellydw

Here is the main page, it's not done yet.  What do you think?  Might have to make the album info a little smaller to have room at the bottom
Coffee is the man now

eist1

It looks really nice, when you get the Player Buttons, Volume, Page Forward and Back and Jump to Letter buttons done, you might want to copy them onto the background to get a feel of how the page will look when it's done. Nice job...

Barcrest

I assume you are going to put a scroll bar down that right hand side. That layout looks very simular to the TOUCHTUNES one which is not a bad thing at all.  ;)
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

eist1

I was thinking the same thing, but buttons could be used on the right hand side, that's why I was asking what the final page will look like. That would just be a little more work for squirrelly if he needs to make a scroll bar background with all of the little letters....

squirrellydw

Quote from: Barcrest on November 21, 2007, 05:12:09 PM
I assume you are going to put a scroll bar down that right hand side. That layout looks very simular to the TOUCHTUNES one which is not a bad thing at all.  ;)

That's the look I am goin for or something very similar.
Coffee is the man now

squirrellydw

I am going to try to have one with the letters and one without. 

Barecrest, are you going to try to make an option for smooth scrolling??  If not I won't make one without letters.
Coffee is the man now