Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Help Please - Duplicate music files

Started by Clint Van Eyssen, April 20, 2016, 08:52:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clint Van Eyssen

Hey

I recently add new music to my selection however now it seems that all my files are duplicated when I start up the jukebox.  The files run a - z and then starts again at a (if I continue to page up) and the new folders are only on the second lot of a - z files.  How can I fix this. 

Also I have uninstalled and reinstalled the program but that has not worked.  I have tried updating the library rather than generate a library but this has not worked.   Hope this makes sense to somebody.  :tommy :tommy :tommy :downer

TIA for the help.

Mark Norville

Hi Clint,

Similar situation here, if you just read this http://www.freeboxjukebox.com/Forum/index.php?topic=5872.msg40284#new and follow the settings in the picture that I posted and try that and see if it works for you.

If not please advise.

Regards

Mark
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

Barcrest

It sounds like you are not running the program as administrator. This puts the data files in a strange location and causes these sorts of problems.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

sie1984

Same issue here. How do u run as administrator?

Mark Norville

Go to your directory hopefully you installed it outside of the c:\program files

Find all the files that you need to set as admin such as main program, config 9, skintool

Right click on that file

goto properties

goto compatibility

privilege level tick that

apply and then ok

Rinse and repeat for the others.

Regards

Mark
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

sie1984

Would this sort the issue i have with wrong jpeg on the wrong album cover even though the correct jpeg is in the correct album folder. Also when you click on said wrong album cover another album loads with the same song duplicated on every track.

Mark Norville

If I have problems to be honest I just delete records and video and start again. However you still need to run the jukebox and config as admin outside of program files directory.

sie1984

I do have the jukebox software saved on the c: drive does this pose a problem? What does accessing as admin do does this give you extra editing rights. only problem i have is the admin password is unknown to me as i aquired the computer i can reset this as i have found software to do so but only want to do this if essential. I have one or to stubborn albums even if deleted and readded that display the wrong jpeg and wrong album title (same one duplicated from a different album multiple times) if i can resolve this i would be happier not to enter the programme as admin unless necessary or should i have the jukebox software onto the external drive where i keep all the music files.

Thanks for all your help so far

sie1984

Sorry for all the questions is it also best to clear all music albums before updating the database or what is the recommended way to update new music albums without causing duplication?

Mark Norville

I always delete the record*.* and video*.*  files which are your data bases, I then for the first and last time, I click on generate database, after that I always update database from their on in

sie1984

Is the main database record stored in the c: drive (or whatever drive you have the software saved) i need an idiots guide to all this lol

sie1984

I have attached the issue i have once ive got this sorted ill be happy.

sie1984

If i click into the second rem album which should be radiohead kid a i get the second picture which is the wrong artwork for the radiohead album even though the correct jpeg is the corresponding folder

Mark Norville

Ok idiot guide it is

Go into your etouch directory

You will see the following

records.cvr
records.cvx
records.lsc
records.lsr
records
records.rex

videos.cvr
videos.lsc
videos.lsr

delete all those files, if you can only see files named records or videos delete those, I have show file extensions on, but if I did not then I would just see records and videos.

These are your database files, so deleting them, you will not have a database and will need to create one.

Load config 9 as admin of course

Make sure you have pointed to the mp3 folder and then click generate always go to advanced

I have the following ticked

use album name  on compliations
generate genre artist and year libraries and then the clear next to them

you might want to grab artist info, or thumbs but that is up to you

Click on generate library and then wait.

When you add new albums in the future, just click on update library.

Regards

Mark

sie1984

Perfect thank you brilliantly explained  ;D i will try that tonight hopefully will put everything in the correct place thanks for your help again.