Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Help Please - Duplicate music files

Started by Clint Van Eyssen, April 20, 2016, 08:52:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gaucho

Just one other thing (well two) if it's not run in admin mode you will have problems and also if it isn't installed in the root of C: or if you have ever ran it from C:\Programmes\ it will have created files in a different location, I think it was user\roaming or something.

berrywell

Quote from: sie1984 on October 26, 2016, 10:51:43 AM
Hi berrywell,

I am not the original poster on this thread so that would be a seperate issue for someone else i just tagged onto it lol.

The issue i am experiencing is that duplicate thumbnails are showing on the wrong album even though the d:music album folder contains just the one correct jpg.

When in the jukebox and clicking on the wrong album artwork a completly different and random artwork then shows up in the track listing with a random track duplicated from another album (shown in second picture)

Other than that the system works great

Oops, sorry, you are correct  :-[ that's my fault for quickly reading and trying to reply whilst on my morning coffee break. I wondered why I didn't follow it correctly.
I'm still trying to remember what exactly I did to rectify the problem, I'm sure it will come back to me.

Just to help me, what is the name of the jpg you have in that folder?
In the main Jukebox software, the main jukebox settings area, click 'appearance settings', in the Cover Filename options, do you have "Display 1st image found" ticked or not?
Also, It could be just something as simple as creating a copy image of the original jpg in that folder and then simply name that copy image Coversmall.jpg

Gaucho

One other thing, try ticking copy and rename first cover found etc. You may need it to run twice to create the thumbnail.

sie1984

Thank you for all the help so far. Used tagscanner that Mark suggested in another post last night and saved the image from there to the folder and tada it now shows up in the jukebox so thank you for the link Mark  :beer as for the duplicated track listing or the tracks not showing in the jukebox for a certain album im just going to put that down to a bad download and will re download from a different source or rip the cd. Thanks again for all the suggestions.

Mark Norville

Yeah I am liking tagscanner so far, I literally cleared about 500 artists and god knows how many albums within a couple of days, where as before I was using mp3 tag and it was taking decades.

I am still experimenting with tagscanner at the moment so I am not up to speed on it, however once I do manage to work it out, I cannot see me using any other tagger.

At the moment I am combing the two to do different things, but I think that tagscanner can do the same as I am trying to do on mp3 tag.

Sadly we all seem to get a dodgy album from time to time. I have one at the moment, and I cannot work out why it is doing what it is doing. I have every thing set for various artists, but for some reason it is showing the first artist as the album artist, and yet the other albums that I am doing all say various artists
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

sie1984

Yeah i have the same issue on one rogue album but on face value nothing seems wrong very strange indeed

Barcrest

Make sure the album has the same artist name across all tracks and the same album name. The change in artist name will list it under various. Differing album titles will cause duplicates. In tag and rename you can copy a field across all files and i do this with artist and album title to fix issues like this.

If you open the config and go to advanced to can see all albums listed with their path, this will help diagnose what is going on.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...