Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

singles skin

Started by jukejohn, March 17, 2017, 02:28:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark Norville

God don't make me give this a try, I know this might be possible.

2 singles in one folder and setting default screen to track listings. I swear there is a work around, but just too much tagging to make it worth it's time.

I am curious now, I want a play tomorrow.

For the A and B that would be a graphic,
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

Mark Norville

Ok so it was pissing me off
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

jukejohn

that's the spirit mark  ;D

it would be a long job to do the folders/tags but I can spend ages doing that I find it pacifying more then a torture

berrywell

Quote from: Barcrest on March 20, 2017, 09:11:09 PM
A and B tracks are not supported but a single track would be very easy to do. Sorry berry not looked at your skin as i have a new job now...  :tommy I always hoped this would be my main income but alas it just about covers it's own costs.

No worries Barry and congratulations on getting a new job :)

berrywell

I'm getting a little confused now so can I ask for someone to clarify exactly what's trying to be achieved here.

1.) Is it to achieve what is in those original picture uploads, where there is a Side A & Side B & the artist name in the centre?
[e.g.]
a1 - Track Title
   Artist
a2 - Track Title

2.) To have just one track (& artist) per label?
[e.g.]
a1 - Track Title
       Artist

3. ) To have two tracks per label with the artist name at the side of the track?
[e.g.]
a1 - Track Title / Artist
a2 - Track Title / Artist

Mark Norville

I honestly do not have a clue, blame the OAP that started the thread.

2 and 3 would be easy enough to do though.

jukejohn

yes sorry dudes yes im a old fart

me thinks I started something here ooops  ::)

berrywell

Mark,

Can I assume you're working on this skin idea & I should leave it with you??

After all, it would be pointless two people working on it.

Mark Norville

God no I am not touching this with a barge pole lol

I am finishing off my skin that I have been doing since before Xmas, and then finishing off another skin for my smaller monitor.

All of this is far too much hassle doing a skin that only one person might use.

Regards

Mark

Barcrest

So is anyone doing this skin? I could have a look at knocking something up but i seriously am time poor right now :(
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

Mark Norville

Definitely not for me, if I did have a look it would not be for possibly months. It just does not appeal to me, and no fun skinning for something I would not use. I am more into modern technology and apart from one person, the chances are someone else using it would be pretty slim. It is just time-consuming.

If there were new customers because of the skin, then obviously that would be a good thing, but then you need to do youtube videos, and attacking the other software, as in targeting their users.

You need to show the hidden skins to get people interested enough to purchase if you do not show the lifetime skins, people do not know what they are paying extra for.

Regards

Mark

Gaucho

Option 2 or 3 is probably more commercial orientated and/or user friendly based on what people are use to seeing, and to a certain extent already achievable.

If the day was another 4 hours longer I would have a look myself.

Mark Norville

Pain in the backside, I was bored and had a play.

Excuse poor quality video, as I say was just messing around.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIzSYDYTzxA

Blame it on a hot and sunny Sunday afternoon.

I will carry on playing around with it in my spare time.

Completion date : WITHIN THE NEXT HUNDRED YEARS (It is not my thing, as I say I was bored so started playing)

To get the full effect, it would mean you need to change a lot of settings, and probably tag and store a lot differently.

This is just a pet project now, and not high on my list so please do not expect this for months, years etc as I do not skin for fun.

Regards

Mark

jukejohn