Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Freebox Config V5 TEST

Started by Barcrest, March 30, 2008, 11:51:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barcrest

Here is the compiled V5 config as sent to me by frosty, it's also included in the latest V4 demo along with the regular config....

Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

casper

Seems to be working well. ;D remember to run the config from the freebox programme folder.

Barcrest

Excellent i'm hoping to have chance to look at it properly tonight.

Jukebox Stats...

eist1

Seems to be working good, the only issues I found were if the 'Generate YEAR Libraries' is checked and you Generate a Library you will get the error 'Error in DB_Generate, Invalid Property Value 55' Even when you get the error it still seems to create the records files, but there isn't a Year folder. Not a big deal, just thought I'd note the error. And the naming of the Artist in compilations doesn't seem to be working correctly. I loaded some Karaoke folders (which are all compilations) and no matter which box you check, in the 'For compilations' section it is using the first artist in the folder as the artist. But otherwise looks very good.... (Other than if we are being picky, the v in Videos in the drop down isn't capitalized :)

Thatoneguydavid

i cant run config 5.  it tells me there is a missing DLL and that the file type is unregistered.  any suggestions?

Sarge

When I enable the "Name Swap" feature and generate a library, all the artists that begin with "The" have their names stretched out with a bunch of spaces inserted in between the artist name and the comma.

eist1

Thatoneguydavid,

Make sure you are running it in the Freebox folder, other than that not sure what other problem it could be, as it ran for me just fine.... Try redownloading

Thunderball

Config 5 locks up if I click on another window while it's running - have to go to the task manager to end it. When it did run all the way, it locked up and sent this to the error log:
3/31/2008 3/31/2008 4:08:04 PM: Error in DB_Generate, Invalid property value 55

kizer

Quote from: Thunderball on March 31, 2008, 09:10:14 PM
Config 5 locks up if I click on another window while it's running - have to go to the task manager to end it. When it did run all the way, it locked up and sent this to the error log:
3/31/2008 3/31/2008 4:08:04 PM: Error in DB_Generate, Invalid property value 55

Generate Year gives me:
3/31/2008 3/31/2008 2:12:22 PM: Error in DB_Generate, Invalid property value 55

If I choose the swap the, It created a file like this.
"killers                                                 , th.cvr" Is there supposed to be that many spaces in the file name?
as well if you look at the rec file its dropping the e from "the"

I really like how its remembering the location you last ran it and it seems speedy, but Im only trying it on 10albums.

I ran the config on 9albums and created a library and then used the "add to library" with 1 album and it was lighting fast. I did it even in the same directory as the first 9 albums and out of the same directory and it worked flawlessly.

My favorite so far is the ability to run the config over and over without deleting the old record files. It just works. Fix that date problem and the lack of e in word "the" in the record and the artist folders and you've addressed all my so far found problems.

As for running it in the Freebox folder I didnt' and it still ran. I don't have freebox installed on my work machine, but Im running XP if that makes a difference at all?
I'm not around 100% so please feel free to PM if you need direct help. Trust me I'm not ignoring you in a post. ;)

Barcrest

Ok i will look at the bugs later and see if i can sort out waht's happening there.

Jukebox Stats...

frosty

I'll take a look too.  Most of those seem like simple fixes

Frosty

draginit

mine too says missing dll file. (msstdfmt.dll) and its in my freebox folder.  redownloaded,  and same thing.
-also, didnt see it when i downloaded v4 again. had to download seperatly.
Just when you thought it not possible....TwelveNinedy

Barcrest

As frosty is on the case i will leave it wthhim as i am away until sunday   ight now.... Cheers dude.

Jukebox Stats...

frosty

OK, found and fixed the bugs mentioned.

Now I need some help from you folks regarding compilations.

Right now a compilation is defined as a single directory with more than one track
where the track artists differ.  what comes next is where I need the help.

in the case above,  we can use any of the following for the "artist"
1) the album name
2) the folder name
3) "various artists"

Here is where it gets sticky.
when you have a directory with a mix of tracks from different artists and albums the track artists AND the track albums differ.
in this case we can only use the following for "artist"
1) the folder name
2) "various artists"

What do we use for the album name in this case?

Thanks for the help

Frosty

Thunderball

I think 'folder name' would be the best choice - if you've put in a bunch tracks without fixing the album tag to be the same, you would probably give the folder a meaningful name --