Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Config6-Alpha

Started by spudgunman, May 14, 2008, 10:52:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spudgunman

that is where i would like to head, B. is the project manager so I will just help where he wants me to I guess...

I am in the same boat as you, config5 error logging and crashing drove me crazy. I would say that I have tripled the ammount of error trapping/logging and options to deal with your data as you want.

I have put in the ability to stop on every file that crashes the import so you can fix them, or log them and not error just skip the file it missed. I have also put in a function to skip tracks with no tag information so you dont have dirty data, and log it.

I have also expanded on frosty's orginal idea of DB import to allow the deletion of albums from the record case if you dont want them.

-- Try running this config6 on your collection and report in on your experience, there are two identified bugs that are known (that you may notice, there are a handfull of bugs you wont)

-bug if you have more then 32 tracks in a album you will get a overrun, frosty identified this and fixed last night (not in the code i put to geocities) but its on my CVS
-bug all media currently will go into Audio, this was identified today and i havent been home yet to work

I work in seattle PST so thats my hours of free time and work time

kizer

I live north of Seattle  ;) Literally
I'm not around 100% so please feel free to PM if you need direct help. Trust me I'm not ignoring you in a post. ;)

kizer

Welp the first thing I noticed is it will not even let me look at any files on the C: drive so I can't even begin to build a database. It lets me look at other drives and even drives mapped on my network, but not the drive with the tunes on it.
I'm not around 100% so please feel free to PM if you need direct help. Trust me I'm not ignoring you in a post. ;)

eist1

I was able to look at my folders on the C: drive (C:\My Music and C:\My Karaoke) so I'm not sure where you trying to look. BTW, I'm heading to Seattle (Bothell) this Sunday for work will be the the whole week....

spudgunman

hehe fun a seattle crowd,

@kizer

did you get a error on open or it wont let you scan, i was working on some "removable media code" and it could cause issues.

also are you on a PC with a domain controller, i have a known issue if you have %home% set on the domain controller. (update at 5pmPST I have a workaround for the domain controller in CVS)

netcat

All I can say so far s "it looks Sharp"

over the weekend I'll test generating some databases

spudgunman

just fixed some of the bugs people had did a work around with the c: issue that i hope will work.

link on post #1 of thread

kizer

Quote from: spudgunman on May 16, 2008, 12:13:59 AM
hehe fun a seattle crowd,

@kizer

did you get a error on open or it wont let you scan, i was working on some "removable media code" and it could cause issues.

also are you on a PC with a domain controller, i have a known issue if you have %home% set on the domain controller. (update at 5pmPST I have a workaround for the domain controller in CVS)

Yes Im on a network with probably 1500+ Pcs. I tried it at home on 10 ablums and damn is it ever fast. I used the newest one you have listed in the thread.

spudgunman

good to hear, i updated all the links with new resting point thanks kizer
link on post #1 of thread

the current version up should fix the C: issue,  in Re to version control I am avoiding that untill its out of alpha as likely it will go back to 6.0 the 6.01 6.02 etc is just for alpha stage.  if your wondering why there is no version on the zip's yet.

I guess I could start at 5.5.1.2.3 etc

spudgunman

new file on the 1st post of thread, Config6ALPHA-MAY17.zip

I added 'rev' 1 of the auto-tag for movies and wav files. Seems to work ok for me I tested a few different ways people might mess things up for errors. I think its all there.

Also did some minor bug fixing for some of the actual processing of .tag files I know why config5 has a error now (posted to the dev team)

James77

It looks like it is working pretty nicely importing the .wav files after I created the tags with V4.  I really like the new config.  I noticed that you have the TAG creation tool in there but it is currently not working.  I know there are a few bugs with the current tagger, are you going to be getting that working?

Thanks

spudgunman

should be working, where do you see errors?
-I havent checked the code on the "populate buttons" yet but the basic text enter should work what is your error or experience?

update: did full testing on released version and couldn't find errors (might be issues with a older .tag format?)

if you import .wav files or movie files and the .tag is not there, it should also pop open the window and allow you do create on the fly if you wish (check box)

also what are the current bugs that you have noticed in the tagger code? so i can make sure its all fixed up.

James77

Hi,
It was the populate function that I was testing.  It does not seem to be working (I do not see an option to show what the path is :   artist\album etc.. is, this is in the current config maybe thats the issue?)  When using the populate button, if there is a period in the artist or album the beta tagger does not pull from the fields correctly.  Also, on some album, it leaves the last track off when selecting "populate all from filename".

It would also be nice if you could go to the parent director (ie c:\music )  and populate all the files instead of going album by album.

Thanks

spudgunman

update:

I got you now, looked at the old version.

as far as the buttons to populate from the filename I have not cleaned them up yet so right now thats a known issue.

spudgunman

new version boys and girls, this one has config5/FBJB4.x ability. this is alpha so if its important back it up.

also remember to tip click the paypal button to pay for more beer for Barry so he gets drunk and codes in the new FBJB-5 database backend.

is on post #1 on this thread. hope we did good.