Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Config6-Alpha

Started by spudgunman, May 14, 2008, 10:52:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

netcat

Good point I will modify the tutorial.

Did U use my tutorial to Install TinyXP or did you fly solo?

If u used my instructions, how did they work for you ?

Feedback helps me inprove the tutorial (and boosts my ego)

Thanks

squirrellydw

I flew solo, just installed tinyxp from the CD and it did the rest
Graphic creator of the original BnB, BnR, BnO and BnG Skin
Coffee is the man now

squirrellydw

Quote from: squirrellydw on June 21, 2008, 09:11:11 PM
config 6 suggestion......

Is there away to have the config move the files it finds with bad or incorrect tags?  I am going through my music now and I have it ask me what to do if it finds something wrong.  I think it would be really great if it could run through your whole library and when it finds something wrong it automatically moves the files over, copying the same folders you have.  So then you have an idea of what they were, then you could use a program like tag and rename to tag the correctly.   What do you think??

I just relized that I can get this info from the log file so that helps
Coffee is the man now

Barcrest

That is a good idea for the config... Would be sweet if it copied them to a user specified directory but i don't know how easy it would be and it might be something that slows down the building process of the library.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

squirrellydw

thats what I was thinking also but the log file is working fine for me.  Still not sure how the compilations work though.  It would be nice if you could tell the config that if it fines a VARIOUS ARTIST folder that everything is automatically labeled VARIOUS ARTIST and then use the folders inside that to name the album.
Coffee is the man now

squirrellydw

OK, I just ran the congig 6 on my whole library and it seem to work fine, did not test everything out yet.  I did get an error at the end of it though.  I did notice that if you don't have any album art, when you scroll it shows the album art from the previous album so that is a bug.

"error in DB4.writegeneres bad filename or number err.num:52, line 230:app version 6077"

also I had another idea for the config

what if you could choose what shows up in the log or have a separate log.  For example I could careless if the COMPOSER doesn't match and it would be nice to ignore that in the config log. And here is the big one....

Any chance of have it determine if you have two or more similar albums?  What I mean by this is I know I have RED HOT CHILLI PEPPERS and THE RED HOT CHILLI PEPPERS in two different areas, one under R and one under THE.  Could it some how run a report on this?  It could look for similarities in the tags or just the folder names, I realize it probably wouldn't be 100% accurate but it probably would help.

Just an idea.
Coffee is the man now

kizer

Personally anything it has to do to slow it down I'm against. Creating a log is completely fine be me as long as its a useful log.

Personally if you want it to move files and other funky stuff I think it should be a supplemental app or maybe an addon that can be ran after the build. Maybe a found errors do you wish to move or something after the build.
I'm not around 100% so please feel free to PM if you need direct help. Trust me I'm not ignoring you in a post. ;)

squirrellydw

yeah, I was think it could be an option to choose but the log is working fine for me.  I just wish I could choose what the log shows
Coffee is the man now

kizer

Hahah, thats why I said "Useful". Nothing worse than a log with 54523434 lines of errors if you can't understand what the heck its saying. ;)
I'm not around 100% so please feel free to PM if you need direct help. Trust me I'm not ignoring you in a post. ;)

Cary_B

Quote from: James77 on June 17, 2008, 03:23:33 PM
Hi,
I can get Config6 to load up my files.  I then export to Config 5 Legacy (Using 4.0.6).  When I load Freebox the covers show up, but not the tracks. 

I cannot get the tracks to load just using Config 5 either ( they will not load at all, at least with config 6 export I get the album covers). 

FYI I am using .wav files tagged with the old beta tagger.

Thanks
Any idea when we will see a new version of Config6?  I am also still getting this problem, though I am using .mp3 files.  And Config5 still won't let me correctly move "THE" to the end of ARTIST names.

Barcrest

Frosty and spudgunman are still on the team just busy right now... Things are still WIP and for the time being i suggest you stick with config 3. It's not as flash but it does it's job.

Jukebox Stats...

James77

In the future with Config 6 when you use the media tagger will the program store the tag files in the Freebox directory, or will it continue to add the file to the media folder?  It would be nice if the tagger did not add anything to the media folders.

Barcrest

Ah you are refing to beta tag. Yes it will always make those tag files. These are needed because if you delete your database you wouldn't want to tag everything again from scratch would you.

Jukebox Stats...

James77

Yeah, you are probably right.  That would be a pain if I deleted the database then had to go back in and tag everything again  :tommy   

James77

Just wondering if there will be a new config6 soon?  I am hoping it has the ability to go through and tag my files all at once, instead of going album by album :D