Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

IDEAL JUKEBOX SETUP (according to Tony)

Started by netcat, May 07, 2007, 04:04:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

squirrellydw

Quote from: netcat on June 04, 2007, 09:32:36 PM
havent hear d back from you squirel how did this project go ?

I emailed you back, i downloaded tinyxp from the link you gave me but I havn't found my copy of ghost yet, can you help me with that?  PM me if you can.

thanks
Graphic creator of the original BnB, BnR, BnO and BnG Skin
Coffee is the man now

squirrellydw

Hey Netcat, I emailed you back again and PM you.  Did you get it?
Coffee is the man now

Barcrest

Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

squirrellydw

No I didn't did I??  I know I emailed Netcat back, its in my sent items
Coffee is the man now

netcat

yikes will send agin tomorow from the office

squirrellydw

Quote from: netcat on June 11, 2007, 10:47:10 PM
yikes will send agin tomorow from the office

Make sure you rename the .exe even if it's in a zip file.  Or give me a link please.  thanks and sorry for the trouble.
Coffee is the man now

mitze90

Does anyone know wether MAMEwah, and a bunch of emulators (snes, mega drive/genisis, mame, neo geo & gba) would work ok on TinyXP?

Barcrest

Hmmm i'm thinking i should use tiny XP on my juke... Hmmm....
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

Woody

Barry

I just finished my new juke setup and it is running on TinyXP (used Bart PE to strip down XP). I stripped everything out and loaded the system, then loaded the motherboard video audio and lan drivers. I also did some XP Embedded hacks and then after setting everything up I dumped it all on a 4Gb flash drive (Plugs directly into IDE header), I access my library from a mapped drive so there is no hard drive in the system. You might remember some posts on "Speed Booting" from some time back, Well this thing will boot in about 10 seconds and start playing, plus when my kids and their friends start dicking with it they can't do any harm because nothing is stored on disk. The bad thing is that every time I start it it is a complete new system with no history. The read speed on this flash drive is incredible but the write speed terrible, I made sure to get it all setup the way I wanted it on a hard drive first, then wrote it all to the flash.
The XP Embedded hacks setup a virtual disk in memory for write cache to avoid writing to the flash drive

If you or anyone else is interested let me know and I will link you up with info.

BTW ... system is running a 750Mhz Duron with 512Mb memory built in nvidia graphics.

Woody   

AllPlay_2k5

LOL...That processor is older than the one I'm currently using! It's a Duron 1.3GHz CPU with 512MB Ram and cheapo vid card. I am planning to upgrade my main system soon though. Once I do this one may become a dedicated jukebox.  :)

Tamsy

Quote from: netcat on May 25, 2007, 09:48:28 PM
I have created a ghost image which should work on anyones PC that is all setup and ready to go as per my screenshots above, if anyone wants to give it a go let me know entre siz is (396MB)

Can i get a copy of this please?

What's playing on my jukebox now...

Thatoneguydavid

I'm having trouble finding TinyXP.  can you help me?

also,  will i need an XP license for each additional PC i want to put it on?

thank you

netcat

I have a new (updated) ghost image of my setup, if you are interested email me with subject JUKEBOX

netcat

Technically, yes you should have a separate license for each pc.

Then again Technically, I'm sure Microsoft doesnt want you using Tiny XP at all.

:)

jbfamilly

What do you guys think about a PIII 400? My old Dell is collecting dust and I thought I'd give it a try. If I can load Netcat's TinyXP image on there, hopefully it won't be too slow...