News:

Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

E-Bay Listing - A potential DIY project..

Started by berrywell, January 27, 2017, 09:05:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

berrywell

Quote from: Mark Norville on February 22, 2017, 01:44:42 PM
My plan of attack is

Top 100 singles (replacing karaoke) this will be the main screen
Top 100 albums background if someone wants a song not charted
Top 100 music videos

How are intending to implement this, as I can't picture what you mean?

Are you going to list each individual song or still have an 'album' style layout with singles?

Mark Norville

I have not got a clue yet I was thinking along the lines for

2017 FOLDER
- Week 1 - 01-01-2017 FOLDER
- 01 - Adele - Hello FOLDER
- 01 - Adele - Hello FILE

All the new entries will be in that folder, either that or just putting the single under it's folder, as I will be having seperate hard drives for albums etc.

Right time for a walk amazon have delivered to my locker
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

Barcrest

Have you calibrated that touchscreen? I have used megatouch cabs and the old jpm millionaire cabs for jukeboxes and once the touchscreen was calibrated they have worked pretty much up to the edge. The touchscreen drives should have some calibration software to let you do this.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

berrywell

Quote from: Barcrest on February 22, 2017, 02:17:27 PM
Have you calibrated that touchscreen? I have used megatouch cabs and the old jpm millionaire cabs for jukeboxes and once the touchscreen was calibrated they have worked pretty much up to the edge. The touchscreen drives should have some calibration software to let you do this.

I have no idea, I will have a nose hopefully tonight, to see whether this feature is available and try from there.

jukejohn

would be interested to see your skin design for this cab as I have had one of these cabs knocking around for a couple
of years it might inspire me to do something with it

that's if you are sharing the skin on here  :D

berrywell

Well, I found the calibration setting & spent a good hour or more last night trying to calibrate the screen but to no avail.
There is still the best part of 1/2 to 3/4 inch around the screen that the touch won't work on "a dead zone".

I may have a nose over the weekend to see if these 'touch through glass' monitors can be taken out and re-installed easily, to see if that's the problem. I can see what looks like black masking tape encroaching into the visible screen area, which appear to hold the screen in place. Maybe this could be reason for the lack of touch around the edges..

berrywell

I don't know whether anyone is bothering to follow this thread but here's my latest update on converting this Jukebox.

Well, so far I've placed a small Minix PC running Windows 10 on it. As this only has two usb ports (frustratingly I need four), I have to get hold of a USB multi-port. This PC has built in Blutooth, so I hope to be able to be use that for audio & stream to my stereo rather than using the inbuilt amp.

I also need to work out how to automate the 'screenseal driver/program' to launch on Windows start-up, as I have to keep clicking on it to get the touch facility to work. If anyone has any ideas or links to a website how to do this, I'd be grateful.

I'm also currently designing a new skin to work with the limitations of the 'dead zone' of the touch screen.

Mark Norville

Silly question but have you put it in your start up folder?
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

berrywell

Quote from: Mark Norville on February 27, 2017, 11:08:09 AM
Silly question but have you put it in your start up folder?

No I haven't, whilst I can do this with Windows 7, Microsoft appear to have either removed or hidden (very well) this folder in Windows 10.

Mark Norville

berrywell

Thank you Mark, :)
I will set that up later in the week.

The next problem is going to be working out why that, despite having the correct screen resolution settings in Windows, when I load my new skin (same resolution as desktop setting), the jukebox automatically goes back to 1024x768 and leaves big black borders around the screen & my new skin disappears off to the left and bottom of the screen. :(

Mark Norville

If you remember what I said about, it is easier skinning on the actual device you are wanting the skin for. If you skinned on a 40 inch wide screen monitor at 1900 x 900 resolution, it will throw out the skin on the other monitor.

If you goto settings and check your resolution, it will say what the ideal resolution is for the monitor.

Again though, I really question as to why you would want to use windows 10 on a dedicated cabinet for it?

Windows 7 is more suitable.

berrywell

Quote from: Mark Norville on February 27, 2017, 01:33:07 PM
If you remember what I said about, it is easier skinning on the actual device you are wanting the skin for. If you skinned on a 40 inch wide screen monitor at 1900 x 900 resolution, it will throw out the skin on the other monitor.

If you goto settings and check your resolution, it will say what the ideal resolution is for the monitor.

Again though, I really question as to why you would want to use windows 10 on a dedicated cabinet for it?

I couldn't skin on the machine itself, that would be far too awkward and cumbersome for me, I need to use my main PC to do the skinning, it's comfortable, easy & everything I need is installed on it . The Jukebox case is simply too heavy to do anything like that with.

The recommended resolution in windows settings is 1024x768.
I had raised it (and it works fine with other windows applications) so I had enough screen real estate to get over the touchscreen 'dead zone'. Using the recommended 1024x768 resolution, I'm going to be struggling to make a decent skin & make anything of this cabinet.

The frustrating thing is, what part of the skin I've already put together looked really good on the box.

Windows 7 is more suitable.

I totally agree, I do have an ageing Windows 7 PC, I may cannibalise that instead and see if the resolution works better then.

Mark Norville

You would still need to make some adjustments on skin on the jukebox, remember what I said regarding looks ok on my work pc, but then looks off a bit on jukebox. Butting it you called it.

Remember you are using it for a jukebox, nothing more and nothing less, so you do not need to worry about other apps, that is the reason for getting a dedicated juke.

Again THINK OUTSIDE OF THE BOX do a design for YOUR JUKEBOX, fook the rest, ditch most of the crap like jukebox ID, etc etc, the stuff that you do not need, and you will have more room.

Remember it is for YOUR JUKEBOX.

Regards

Mark

berrywell

Quote from: Mark Norville on February 27, 2017, 03:11:54 PM
Again THINK OUTSIDE OF THE BOX do a design for YOUR JUKEBOX, fook the rest, ditch most of the crap like jukebox ID, etc etc, the stuff that you do not need, and you will have more room.

Remember it is for YOUR JUKEBOX.

Actually, on this occasion, I was taking your advice and thinking outside the box, hence the different 'non-standard' screen resolution of 1280x960, the Juke monitor has a maximum of 1280x1024 (although windows recommends 1024x768). I need to use the larger screen size resolution so I can factor in the touch 'dead zone'.

I will attempt to look more into it later in the week & see if I can resolve the screen sizing issue.