News:

Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

E-Bay Listing - A potential DIY project..

Started by berrywell, January 27, 2017, 09:05:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

berrywell

I've sorted out my screen resolution problems.

Turns out that I had a setting enabled that made all 'apps' run at 150% instead of 100%, all sorted now :)

Mark Norville

Two words spring to mind, both of which are not printable ;) still glad you got it sorted.

As for skinning on the cabinet, you can do most of the graphics work on home pc, but having a wireless mouse and keyboard and a seat helps when skinning on an awkward size.

Right back to the TV give yourself a massive slap first, then a small pat on the back ;)
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

Barcrest

Did you know you have to calibrate it at the resolution you are at, you can't calibrate at 1024 then alter the resolution without recalibration. At least that is how i found it to be with cabinets i converted.... Newer touch screen tech is much more reliable and you don't need to worry about such things.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

berrywell

I've tried calibrating the screen with the different resolutions I've been playing around with and all give the same results, a dead zone around the edges.

To be honest, I just think I've ended up with cabinet with a damaged touchscreen, the main part of the screen works fine, just about half to three quarter inch around the outside that doesn't.

Never to worry, I'm still working on it and going to try and make the best of it now.

jukejohn

I have worked a lot with these screens known as zytronic touch I came across one that was slightly
of at the edge of the screen a couple of times once cured it by removing the ribbon connecter on
the control board and reinserting it and also  in the settings there is adjustment called edge settings
which might help
and there is more then one version of the software/drivers
look on the zytronic web site  :beer

berrywell

Hi JukeJohn,

Thanks for the heads-up about those tips, hopefully I will get a chance to try them out at some point today :)
Fingers crossed one at least works.

Thank you
:beer

berrywell

Quote from: jukejohn on February 28, 2017, 10:45:15 PM
also  in the settings there is adjustment called edge settings
which might help

By Jove, you have hit the nail on the head dear boy.  8)

I loaded up the touch screen settings and went to the Edge Settings, altered them to maximum and wooohoooo  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
I also played around with the other settings in there and altered the sensitivity and it all now works exactly I hoped it would. There is still a slight problem with the extreme bottom left hand corner but that isn't a problem for me.

Looks like I've wasted the last 4 days making a skin to fit the screen when i didn't need to. Oh well, i shall complete it now and then alter it accordingly afterwards to a better setting and make use of the full screen.

I realise I should have spotted this myself but with having so little spare time to work on the Jukebox and skinning, I just didn't.
Once again jukejohn, thank you so much :)

:beer :beer

jukejohn

berrywell

For those that have converted these style Jukeboxes....

How do you go about powering up the PC inside the Jukebox when you want to use it?

Do you just open the Jukebox door every time you want to power it up and press the power button on the PC?
Or do you have a PC power button outside the jukebox case?
Or is there some other way I haven't thought of?

jukejohn

just connect a lead with a momentary switch to the f panel connecter marked psw 2pins on the motherboard job done

however if your amp is 240v plus the light system you will have to use a 12volt relay this is what I do
so when the power switch is applied the 12 volt from the pc psu activates the relay switch and hey presto

or a simple way just get a 12volt amplifier and power it of from the 12volt supply 

Mark Norville

When I first got my cabinet the computer inside of it had something done to it, where it would restart as long as there was power, I have been trying to recreate that, with no luck.

However, I have since found this and going to order soon https://www.amazon.co.uk/Desktop-Computer-Supply-Button-Switch/dp/B00HG7HO22/ref=s9_simh_gw_g421_i1_r?_encoding=UTF8&fpl=fresh&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=&pf_rd_r=P35TFNJVKH0QT7F181JM&pf_rd_t=36701&pf_rd_p=16f14aeb-bd11-4e9e-8c26-9ca0139074ee&pf_rd_i=desktop
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

jukejohn

yip that's it mark a momentary switch complete with leads ready made spoton for the price
cost a couple of quid for a switch of ebay without leads so good find

however not ideal if you wanted to turn the eject switch on front of cab to use as main switch which I have
done a few times and works well and is in keeping with the juke cab styling

sportyone

Hi Guy's

Complete newbie here. Been following your conversion progress with great interest as this is something I would like to do with my sound leisure video juke box.
Never knew this was possible. Great stuff!

Steve

berrywell

Thanks for your replies guys :)

I did wonder whether what Mark has linked to would be ideal for what I needed, I'd looked at it just before I made my other post but wasn't 100% sure if right or not. I will now order one, can't really lose at that price and see how I get on.

As for the amp John, I've no idea what voltage it is as yet, I'm still undecided whether to keep it or just trail a 3.5mm jack cable to my hi-fi in the room and use that instead. I'm just taking one step at a time currently.

I've got a cheap old PC off E-Bay, it came the other day, I decided the Minix PC wasn't fit for purpose, unfortunately, the hard drive is failing on the eBay purchase, so I've got a 120GB SSD arriving tomorrow and I've got an old 500GB HDD laying around, so going to initially use that for music storage.

All good stuff so far and thank you both for your help :) it's greatly appreciated.

berrywell

Quote from: sportyone on March 02, 2017, 04:38:22 PM
Hi Guy's

Complete newbie here. Been following your conversion progress with great interest as this is something I would like to do with my sound leisure video juke box.
Never knew this was possible. Great stuff!

Steve

Hi Steve

Welcome to the forums :)